Nuclear Thought Collision

Nuclear Thought Collision

A Story by Mayank
"

I guess, there are some problem with structuring... you all can help me improvise that!

"

Nuclear Thought Collision

 

The waves were crashing on shore, my feet smudged in the sand and my toes tickled. The atmosphere was pretty much excellent, I could hear the cooing of birds, the rustling sound of leaves and the sweet smell of corns getting roasted on coal lingered there for a long time. I sat smoking on the beach and sipping tea from a thin plastic cup. The tea was served hot and the sensation of heat on my fingers was enough for me to drop the cup. 

I was new to the city, my friend told the beaches were clean here and this beach where I was siting carries the winds of tranquility. He was right, I was enjoying every second of my life here. It was like there is someone out there in that sea, who’s redefining the moments of our life. I was interrupted thrice - Ten minutes back, the guy tried to sell me toy and I bought it for no reason. Thirty minutes back, peddler tried to sell me weed. I bought it again. Forty Five minutes back, pimp tried to sell me pure flesh. Yes, those were his words ‘Pure Flesh’. I lit another cigarette and asked him to leave before I call the cops. He laughed and left me, he also left me a card.  He said ‘I am the best supplier, you need the company, call me.’

 

A pimp with the visiting card who thought I would need company, toy seller who thought I have got kids waiting at home and that peddler who wants to be my supplier " he said ‘I will be in touch, sir’. The crow whooshed over my head like a helicopter, I shrugged and looked up. The sky got my attention. There were millions of stars, technically, there are in space and many of them are light years away. Some of them are too cold and some of them are blazing hot. However, all of them are very beautiful if you stare at them from here, from our very own Earth. I took a long puff and I was sufficiently high. I looked at that black grayish sky again, I couldn’t understand how did those stars formulated and made a pattern. Wait. This is my sweet hallucination! I have heard the scientist talking about Constellation and all other s**t that I never understood. I tried hard to recollect those theories and in a few moments, I thought I am just wasting my time thinking about theories instead of enjoying the patterns.

 

I am not a space geek, neither I am obsessed with it. I have stopped questioning existence of aliens. All these Hollywood movies and Play Station games based on aliens bored me. I understand a need for Sci-Fi movies and stories, but how many times you can see one actor killing all of them? Either make alien too dangerous, that they can kill any f*****g human or super cute, so that ladies like Paris Hilton pet them in their purse and Tom Cruise take them every morning for a walk. Yes, if they exist then I wish them peace. I hope marijuana is legal on their planet, they roam nude, all of them. They have only one bank that handles all the transaction and insurance is completely free from the government. No photographs on their currency notes.  The most important thing is, no religion. No religion exists on that planet. It’s a terror free planet and their weapons are similar to Stars Wars. Now, why would they need a weapon? You have thugs and petty criminals. There was one more serious thought, men can be aroused only when the female wants them to.  

 

The sea wave suddenly made a very big noise breaking my chain of thoughts. Human thoughts multiply " one thought leads to another. There is no guarantee that you next thought would be better than a previous one. The remarkable thing about thoughts is they are ambiguous. They are flowing stream of the river, finding their own path and hitting on the rocks. Finally, on their path they amalgamate with a sea. The river water consumed by the big dragon that awaits for the perpetual destruction. The belly of the ocean is malignant. We studied in school, 75% of the Earth is water and it’s said more than 65% of the human body is water. I closed my eyes and I decided to visualize the center of my brain. What would you find?

 

I reached the lobe, don’t what is called but all our sensory data are processed and stored there. I was there, sitting in a lotus position. My face was calm, my body was still and there was a smile on my face. I doubted, is it really me so calm and happy? I felt the sensation on my toe. The sand was tickling on my toe. Then, it pinched me and the pain was unbearable. I opened my eyes and shrugged my legs. The crab was hanging on my toe… the waves crashed on the shore. I heard the siren of the patrolling car coming towards me.

Thank god, the consignment didn’t arrive today. I am just the lost tourist.    

© 2015 Mayank


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written piece.. A reverie described so vividly.. Felt a little dreamy myself after reading it..!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mayank

8 Years Ago

thank you!!
Great writing, so powerful to the mind, it's like you are there. I love it! Really amazing, wonderfully written, I cannot express enough about it, really. Just makes me thirst for more. I would love to read a book by you.....engaging, Kyam

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mayank

8 Years Ago

Thank you! That was melting review...
This piece of writing was beautiful! Your thoughts flow very smoothly, Mayank! 100 on 100

Posted 8 Years Ago


Brilliant, my friend! I so enjoyed this piece and the inner thoughts that you've projected in stunning imagery and prose. Loved the descriptions of aliens and how Hollywood portrays them, excellent! I loved this piece because you take us on a journey into the mind of one man by the sea, and all he sees, hears, and experiences. Great job, Mayank!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mayank

8 Years Ago

In reality, I was sitting on roof top of my apartment but I thought how good would be if I replace a.. read more
Beautiful! I really loved this and it is a perfect length. Really enjoyable to read, imagery was amazing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mayank

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mate!
There are some natural metaphors happening here.
Its a wonderful piece, maybe needs some grammatical tweaks. This type of prose work is definitely something to keep up with, Mayank.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mayank

9 Years Ago

Yes, I agree. I am working on it, thank you for the review.
had a imaginary view of tranquil beach while reading dis. liked it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dunno how my review got posted thrice.Sorry.Ummmm.... okay i read it again this time twice just to let the words wash over me.It doesn't to be mentioned that you have great talent.Just what is left is nurturing it more. As i told earlier i like the stream of thought process. His brain jumps from one thought to other;it takes the reader in a roller coaster of images.The ending was good enough to leave me thinking.Grooping in the dark as if there was something left more... i know thats your style.Thats what intrigues me.And the problem about switching from tense to tense can be rectified if you rdview it before posting.Let the paragraphs have connection with each other. On a whole "Interesting" ;) *keep writing

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mayank

9 Years Ago

thank you for reading and review! I will work on it...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

967 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 13, 2015

Author

Mayank
Mayank

Bombay, India



About
Of pen, paper and absurd thoughts. I love whisky, reading and pets. You can find me headbanging to Heavy Metal when I am alone in my room. more..

Writing
Spiked Spiked

A Story by Mayank


Time Time

A Story by Mayank


Ennui Ennui

A Poem by Mayank



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..