Cheating

Cheating

A Chapter by Mcnurphy
"

A short writing on Cheating & Realtionships

"
Let’s face it at one time or another we’ve all been the victim or the culprit, some of us even both. In a society that preaches monogamy and a belief in true love, I find it intriguing that 50% of all marriages in the America end in divorce and I hear more stories about celebrities having affairs and even common people such as you and I having their relationships in turmoil due to the fact that a partner is looking else where for their emotional and physical affection.

What cause’s this? Is it that we as a nation have a lack in discipline and integrity? Or is it that some people “Want to have one’s cake and eat it too”? My opinion is that we as human beings desire affection on a physical and emotional level and when things aren’t working out or a mate isn’t satisfied with the amount of attention and affection or simply the other mate is just a drag. I can see how this makes it very appealing for some to cheat with someone who fulfills their needs and desires.

I feel some people cheat because they can, it’s especially easy for attractive people male or female. They are the pick of the crop when it comes to attraction. Let’s face it majority of America is materialistic and obsessed with the physical versus the things that truly matter. I feel a majority of people cheat  because they are unhappy with their current relationship and it’s so much easier to meet some one new become involved. Then when the cats out the bag the relationship ends on a bad note for the faithful one. People become emotionally scarred, a lack of faith and trust in relationships becomes common. People live in fear when it comes to relationships and in my opinion it triggers a reaction for those who’ve been scarred to possible cheat on another, it then becomes a vicious circle. But in time all things heal, the best thing about love is there’s always hope.

So what’s the solution? I wish I had a answer for this question. In my opinion I guess it all comes down to one’s discipline, their desire to make things work when things have taken a turn for the worse before things get to the cheating level. To be patient in the process of getting to know someone, not trust so easily, not give your heart away too quickly. To simply do things that make your mate happy and not be too selfish.

Let’s face it some people aren’t meant to be together and I am a avid believer that everything happens for a reason even the bad stuff. The good thing about true love is if it’s real, if it’s meant to be it will be. Even if one hurts another, if your truly meant to be it will be.  



© 2012 Mcnurphy


Author's Note

Mcnurphy
Ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the substance and message? Do you agree or disagree? Productive criticism is always welcome and appreciated, I'm a novice looking to learn from my mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: Relationships, love, cheating


Author

Mcnurphy
Mcnurphy

Orlando, FL



About
I'm 22 years young, a humanitarian, and write to express myself. I consider myself as a novice but aim to get better! I struggle with proper grammar at times but I write from the heart and get my poin.. more..

Writing