Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Our Song

Our Song

A Story by Meadow Rayne
"

This is a short story I wrote for a one shot contest on a Taylor Swift fansite. The story had to be based on one of her songs, and I chose Our Song.

"

It was dusk on a Friday evening and I was riding in the front seat of my boyfriend Taylor's car, my hair undone and blowing all around my face. He was driving me home from a date and I looked out the window then around the car before turning the radio down. Taylor looked at me and cocked an eye brow

"Lizzie is something wrong?"  he asks.

 "No babe, I'm okay, just thinking, we have been together for 4 months and we don't have a song" I say with a sigh and slight shrug. "I've been listening to the radio waiting for something to come along and nothing seems to fit" I say looking out the window then back to Taylor. We pulled into the driveway of my house and Taylor looks at me and smiles softly.  

"Lizzie, we do have a song” he says moving some of my blonde hair out of my face. "Our song is the slamming screen door, when I'm sneaking out late tapping on your window, when we are on the phone and you talk real low, cause its late and your momma don't know" he says "our song is the way you laugh, our first date when I didn't kiss you but I should have" he says "there is no song better than our song, babe." he adds.  Looking at him, I smile.

"you are so right" I say kissing him before my mom calls me to come inside "I Gotta go babe" I say getting out and heading into the house. Later that night, before fell asleep, I said a prayer that god would play our song again.
----2days later------
It had been a horrible day, I had a pop quiz at school that I knew I had failed, work had been a drag and I was just ready to go home and curl up into my bed. Once I got home, I walked up the porch steps and into the house, tossing my bag down by the door as I headed for the stairs. As I started going upstairs, something on the living room table caught my eyes. I went back down to investigate. On the living room table was a dozen red roses with a card attached, my name on the envelope. I was surprised; no one had ever sent me roses before. I grabbed the card and read what it said.

Our song is the slamming screen door, when I'm sneaking out late tapping on your window, when we are on the phone and you talk real low, cause its late and your momma don't know, our song is the way you laugh, our first date when I didn't kiss you but I should have. I Love You, Lizzie, Love Taylor.  I looked at the roses and back to the card smiling widely, my horrible day forgotten. A moment later I got out my cell phone and dialed Taylor's number.

"Thank you for the roses, they are beautiful" I said smiling into the phone when he finally answers.

"You’re welcome babe. Why don't I take you to dinner tonight?" Taylor replies.

"Sure sounds great, pick me up in an hour?" I say and he agrees before hanging up. I rush upstairs to get ready, hearing the horn of his car beep about an hour later. Grabbing my purse, I rush outside smiling when I hear the screen door slam as I leave the house. I walk down the driveway and get into the front seat of his car and he backs out, my blonde curls blowing in the wind of the open window. I grab a pen from his glove-box and an old napkin on the floor writing down a song I had been writing in my head for the last few days, Our Song.

© 2010 Meadow Rayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

soo, I love the use of Taylor Swift music:)
and this is a really sweet, adorable story:) I love it!:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010

Author

Meadow Rayne
Meadow Rayne

Breaux Bridge, LA



About
My name is Meadow. I am 25 and live in Louisiana. I currently live with my parents. I am a writer and I have come to find that I really like it so far, although I am not as experienced or as good as m.. more..

Writing