Oct 16, 2005

Oct 16, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

Of course, whoever reads this now knows that I am giving my life to God instead of half like I have been doing before.  I've said this before but I've always been a Christian, I've been lead out of the path several times before and it's been very difficult falling back into it.  But here is one of many things I don't understand... people who have never had a faith or very little faith in Jesus try to give it a shot.  They think that once they start going and praising the Lord that their life will be flawless.  It's not like that.  I've seen it first hand.  Here's the problem, something goes wrong or bad in their life, and then they stop following.  Just because they get knocked down or thrown off their path, they stop going.  When I've asked people why they stopped going to church, they would respond with something very similar to, "Yes, I used to go to church, it's just not my thing."  No one said life was easy to begin with.

I don't have all the answers and there is still a lot I have to learn.  But there is something else I don't understand.  We Christians are all about love and forgiving... even to those who hate us with a passion and would love to kill us.  Why doesn't everyone want to be a Christian?!  Sure, I agree it sounds like a crazy thought.  We try to do and stand for everything that is good.  How does anyone not want that?!  I hear people calling us hypocrites.  I can see where some would think that.  But what they don't understand is we are constantly falling on our face, then we ask the Lord for forgiveness, and we are forgiven.  But it doesn't end there, we still keep doing the same thing... over and over again.  And we keep asking God for forgiveness, and to help us from repeating whatever it is that we did wrong.  Eventually, He will help us overcome that problem, so that when it comes up again we won't fall back on our face.

Everything I've heard and read that happens in the bible, is happening and is already happening right now in real life.  I'm sure you've heard of the question, "what is the meaning of life?"  You would get so many different answers from many different people, well guess what?  I don't know the answer.  But what I do know is the bible is a manual and a guidebook to life.

I'll give you a quote I heard today, "The bible has over 37,000 promises in it, and compared to a packet of tomato seeds, it is useless unless you open it."  At my point of view, if you plant a tomato seed, keep it watered and such, it will grow.  Just like a bible, open it up, follow the Word, and your spirit will grow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are just my thoughts.  I have a personal problem of not expressing myself to other people about stuff I'm feeling.  I can't even tell my mom, dad, or brothers that I love them.  But I really do.  The more I read and follow the Word, the easier it gets.  It's still difficult to do so, but then again, I'm still a baby.... so to speak.



© 2014 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hahaha I like the quote you put in, very true. Life can be very hard but I can't imagine what it would be like to live without knowing God. It takes a life time to grow in faith, so that's why we shouldn't give up.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 2, 2014

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe