Nov 29, 2005

Nov 29, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

How many of you have ever went on a diet?  We go on diets so that our body’s become more healthy, and then we start to feel good about our body.  I like to think as just starting to follow Christ is like going on a spiritual diet… for the lack of a better term.  When we go on diets for our body’s, we would like to see instant results.  But’s it’s never like that.  Just as we start to follow Jesus, some people expect instant results.  Which in reality, it’s not like that.  Following Jesus is a never ending process.  As long as we are in this body we should never stop growing spiritually.  As we’re on a body diet, we know we’re not supposed to eat certain foods, such as junk food.  But we always seem to have that craving for this food, and when we give into this food, we feel like we’ve let our body’s down in a way.  The same can be said for a spiritual diet.  When following Jesus, we know we’re not supposed to be doing certain things.  And when we do, it can hurt or damage our spirit.  Just as junk food tempts us into disregarding our diet, Satan will tempt you with sin that your flesh craves to try to throw you off the path of salvation.  The more you learn about God’s word, the more you will be able to identify the devil’s wickedness.  And once you’ve learned to identify sin by learning the word of God, it turns into a seek and destroy mission.

 

Last night, I had a little reminder by our Heavenly Father which I cleverly disguised as a mood swing.  Every so often, I lose my focus on God.  I keep getting tempted out from under the wing of God by sin, and a lot of the time I don’t realize it.  He stuck a needle in my heart (so to speak) and it got my attention.  Once again, I found myself crawling back to Him for healing.  As I’ve said before we always call upon God when we’re hurt.  Later on, God used a friend of mine to throw some words at me to encourage me and be strong.  It worked of course.  This is how followers of Christ should act… giving each other strength.  The friend who brought me back up was also feeling down herself.  That is the work of God when people can lift each other up even though we feel down.

 

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache.  I went onto work like I always do early in the morning.  I can tell my headache was far from leaving me.  I turned the radio to listen to someone preach.  That’s when it started.  God kept filling me with incredible thoughts.  I could feel the Holy Spirit firing up inside me.  Which is why I have to type this blog… I thought I was going to have to leave early to write it was so overwhelming.  That is why this blog is so long... this isn't even half the thoughts that God put into my heart.  This is how God works, for the small amount of pain and suffering I went through the night before, He brightened up my day so much, words can’t even explain it.  I nearly had 100% of my focus on God today.  I forgot about the pain in my head, and I nearly lost the thought I was at work a couple times.  All the pain I’ve been feeling lately was totally gone.  When we have 100% of our focus on God, what else do we have left to put our focus on?  There’s not enough of your focus left for your heartache.  Not enough focus left for your financial burdens, nor any current stressful situation you may be facing.  Far too often we try to deal with our problems on our own.  But little do we realize that God is always here for us, and ready to carry us when we can’t walk.  All you need to give is commitment.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit is a total blessing that the only way to describe it is to experience it.  Remember when I said I was being filled with the Holy Spirit, my headache temporarily went away.  This just proves fact to stories I’ve read in a book not too long ago.  I’ve read stories of Christians being burned alive at the stake b/c they choose to follow Jesus.  Knowing they will die a very painful death for Jesus, it’s been known that they don’t even scream while being burned alive.  God knows what we go through, and it’s the fact He filled them up with the Holy Spirit so much they couldn’t feel the fire.  Just as God was filling me up, I couldn’t feel the small pain in my head compared to the much more painful death of being burned alive.  What I’ve felt today is a small reminder as to how much God loves me.  He has so much passion for us!

 
You know what I hear a lot lately?  People keep telling me, “Hey I heard you found God, that’s awesome.”  First of all, that’s not entirely true.  I’ve always found God, but I’m now doing His will in my life. That’s nice and all to hear that from people.  But when do I get to say that about you?!


© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe