Dec 1, 2005

Dec 1, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

I’m going to tell you straight up.  I don’t make it obvious with my actions as to how much love I have for Jesus.  It’s just a form of expression that I feel very uncomfortable with.  But I love hearing other people talk about Him.  Has anyone seen that IPOD commercial where that guy is walking calmly down the sidewalk listening to his music with his headphones on?  His shadow is following him of course and dancing wildly and out of control.  Well his normal walk is my body and his dancing shadow is my spirit burning like a wildfire in me.  The word of God is the fuel to my fire.

 

I used to wonder why God would let horrible things happen to wonderful people.  Say for example, a family member all of a sudden gets cancer.  We often wonder… why God?!  Why would You let this happen to someone so innocent?!  Have you noticed what usually happens in this situation?  The whole family comes together and prays to Jesus for healing.  Not only the family but all his/her friends!  Because of one person’s pain and suffering, friends and family have come together, all asking for the same thing.  Does anyone remember what happened after 9/11?  Our entire country was united for a change!  Not only that, but most of it seemed to be united with God!  Almost everywhere I went, I would read a sign from a restaurant that read, “God bless America.”  Remember how wonderful that was?!  God is calling our name.  What will it take for us to answer?  Personally, usually nothing positive that happened in my life would bring me closer to God.  But only something so hurtful brought me closer.  Doesn’t it seem amazing that when something so catastrophic happens, something so beautiful comes out of it.  It’s all the work of our loving God…. And I mean OUR loving God, not only mine.

 

I read something in the bible last night, and it sent shivers through me because it’s so true.  It read, “Late in the second century the church father Tertullian wrote, ‘The blood of Christians is seed,’ because opposition helped spread Christianity.”  It is because of our pain and suffering that leads others to Christ.  I’ve read stories of Christians who’ve been persecuted and thrown into prison.  Only to be beaten and tortured till they've givin up Jesus.  Instead they are filled with the Holy Spirit and sing Hymns of our loving Father in front of their tormentors.  No one in this world can destroy our spirit.  We fight evil with love… and it’s that love we use for the sake of others who can’t see the truth.  The love we give Jesus, we give to others.  When our blood spills and we are finally at our final destination with God in Heaven, it isn’t until then, nonbelievers start believing.

 

We physically can’t see it.  But we are always on the battlefield.  Whether you believe or don’t believe you’re in it.  This is not a physical war, so that means anyone can serve!  This battle will eventually end, but while you’re in it, you could at least fight.  Now I can hear some of you asking, “How do we fight?!  Do we kill?”  Well the answer is no.  We use prayer.  We pray for those lost, and those in difficult situations.  We are the army for God.  Even for other countries.  This whole planet is the battlefield, not just on our soil.  Rick Warren said something along the lines of, we don’t send bombs of destruction, we send prayer bombs to those we can't reach.  Prayer is so much stronger than we can imagine.  If we all would stand tall and root ourselves into God’s word, we cannot be stopped.  If you were born into a family of non believers, now is your chance to stand tall.  Stick out like a rose in a weed garden with your friends and family.  Let them see through you how wonderful and glorious God is.  You might be their only hope to actually witness a miracle such as your love and faith in Christ.

 

Recently I’ve developed a habit at work by singing with my headphones on.  Now whether this is a good habit or bad habit is to be determined by my co-workers.  I usually sing because I am happy.  But it is because my life is in God’s hands.  The love and joy he’s brought into my life is tremendous and never-ending.  Thank you Lord!

 

God bless America and all those in it



© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe