Dec 10, 2005

Dec 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

I realize I talk about God a lot in my blogs.  It is my faith in Jesus that gives me the strength to write these.  We’ve always heard the question, what is the purpose of life?  Or why are we here?  There have been many answers to these questions that seems to ponder mankind.  I’ll tell you why.  It’s actually very simple.  We are put here on this planet to live for God, to love Him, to serve Him.  Other than that, why else would we be here?  To get that job that makes over six figures a year?  To one day drive your dream car?  To find true love?  Absolutely not.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out.  Everything to life is in the bible.  There is at least one story in the bible to where everyone can relate.  Living in flesh and blood can relate to being caught in an undertow.  The more we fight it, the more we wear out.  And what happens when we struggle to get out of an undertow?  We become tired and drift out to sea and possibly drown in our own struggle.  If you follow Jesus, we don’t struggle.  We let Jesus take us.  We go where ever Jesus takes us.  We go with the flow of God’s will.  At times it will hurt but in the end, we’re saved!

 

Today at work I was listening to a CD a co-worker let me borrow.  While I was listening to it, I was starting to feel pretty good.  Then all of a sudden, it felt as though God just hit me with a shot of joy.  It just seemed to come out of nowhere.  Ten minutes into the CD, I found out why.  I heard from Romans 15:13, God will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him.  It just hit me, I felt so grateful for what I’ve been given and the fact God is a huge part of my life.

 

Sometime when I hear about the Devil, I think of movies that Hollywood has produced.  We all know movies from Hollywood are for the most part fictional.  Like the movie, The Waterboy, when his mother was talking about the Devil this… the Devil that.  It can be misinterpreted as to thinking that’s all funny.  Well in that movie it is funny.  We need to get that Hollywood mumbo jumbo out of our heads because the devil is real.  Satan has so many people blinded, they don’t even know they are working for him!  Not only that but he doesn’t even have to tempt some people into sin because that’s how they want to live.  God heals and Satan destroys.  Don’t let the Devil keep his foot on your life and your soul.  Holding you down from reaching out to God.  Ever noticed it’s difficult to get out of depression?  Unfortunately the Devil isn’t stupid.  He hates you, he wants to destroy you in anyway possible.  Why would anyone want to work for something like that?  Just remember, if you’re not with Jesus, you’re against Him.  Now I can hear you thinking, “Even though I don’t follow Jesus, I’m not doing anything wrong?  I’m not harming others.”  That’s exactly what the Devil wants you to think, being so blind and you don’t even realize it.

 

God wants to be in every part of our lives.  Not only when you go to church.  But anything we do, or anywhere we go.  Ever since I started following Jesus, it seems to be raining down blessings.  In the end, we cannot take anything to our graves but our body and soul.  Our flesh will rot away along with anything we’ve ever owned while our spirit lives.  In the end, the only thing that matters is if we’ve lived our lives for God.  For the love of God, I will live for Him.  Hopefully I will see you all in Heaven.



© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe