Jan 11, 2006

Jan 11, 2006

A Chapter by Meboe

When I think about chaos, I think destruction and total devastation with no one in control but the Devil himself.  I have never had so many hurdles thrown in my path since walking with Jesus.  With every cleared jump I feel that much more closely with Jesus… but with every stumble I feel more distant.  Without these challenges better referred to as temptations, we are creatures who are feeble and weak… so weak that even an obscenity whispered at us would create a heart break.   These are the challenges everyone faces, maybe not confront, but it is what we are put through in hopes of dominating the temptations and triumphing over evil.  It’s unfortunate but most people don’t realize being born into this world of temptation and challenges, we are born under a cloud that showers blessings… but we were also born with an umbrella.  This life given to us, which at many times may seem not worth it, is God’s way of testing us, but it is much deeper than just a plethora of tests.  It is the pure fact we have the OPPORTUNITY to finally be with the One who created us.  It is the free will we have been given that gives us a desire to be with God… it is there for the taking.  Like an overbearing parent not allowing their children to grow up, we have been given that chance… a chance to risk it all (at times) for God.  What is living life in shackles and chains?  Being forced to serve and worship would mean a power hungry God… instead we are blessed with a loving and passionate God.

 

This world seems to be infected with sin and plagued by mankind.  We can either be righteous or corrupt at heart.  Reading about history, it’s as though this world is corrupt.  We can’t even watch the news anymore without hearing about wicked events when compared to that of a miraculous event.  Everyone from Herod the Great to Adolf Hitler, but that was neither the beginning nor the end of evil and corrupt leaders.  They alone created mass devastation due to the result of corrupt hearts in regards to pride, greed, hate, and the addiction to power.  Ripping and tearing families apart with no remorse… have they no heart?  So sick is this world, its skin is cracking and creating earthquakes… hurricanes that flood and blow cities over… and volcanoes that vomits lava all over itself.  This world is slowly decaying… so infected with sin, it cannot last forever.  As Coldplay put it, “Am I part of the cure, or am I a part of the disease?”  My brothers and sisters, the only cure for this world of filth, from the sin in man has created, is Jesus Christ. 


© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe