Feb 22, 2006

Feb 22, 2006

A Chapter by Meboe

If God is forever, then time must be of little important to Him if any importance at all.  But it is much more important for us.  This might be a possibility as to why it seems He takes forever to "act" on our behalf.   I have noticed in life the most enjoyable things in life do not always start so wonderful in the beginning, but come off as a more mediocre to likeable stance… and by mentioning "likeable" I am being generous.  Patience is a virtue, but unfortunately it is something difficult to master or even confide in especially in this day and age when everything is meant and designed faster than its previous predecessor.  Following Jesus can be like walking at the same pace of a turtle in a marathon.  Unfortunately TV appears to be filled with series of episodes directed at the youth of it's watchers that fall along the lines of a life that is meant to find that "one true love" or that "soul-mate."  I do not come straight out and stamp gullible on the foreheads of those who watch these television shows.  Patience is that "thing" that appears to be digging away at the back of our head to infiltrate the rational thoughts of our mind.  It is possible to have what we desire at an early stage, but not always wise.  Our desires can be dangling at the end of our craving fingertips but it all goes back to patience… to what God wants out of us.  Does this mean patience is manufactured into a temptation?  Quite possibly.

            I have noticed when I first listen to a song, if I like or even love that song; I have a bad habit of putting that song on repeat.  After listening to that song about twenty times a day for several days straight, it gets rather old.  The several days of enjoying that song has ended, it is no longer pleasure to my ears.  It is always better when a song has to grow on me, that I can learn to enjoy it in the now, and in the future.  That way, the intense impulses I have to listen to that song over and over again do not exist.

            Why is it most people (especially young adults) have such a strong urge to get married or find their soul-mate?  Don't get me wrong, love is a wonderful thing.  By saying "love," I do mean love in another human being.  Do not confuse that human love with the love which I usually refer to, and by that I mean the love of God.  But love in God is even better.  The kind of love that cannot be broken.  If I remain single the rest of my life it would not matter, of course I would have the natural human feelings of being lonely or feel like I need someone.  But those are only temporary with a very limited affect on my life.  Soul-mate or no soul-mate, I'm well on my way to Heaven.  That I do know, but what I don't is what is best for me… it's that confusion I leave in God's hands.  Attempting to force God's will for my life is like trying to push a square block through a circular hole… it just won't work.  And the times I have forced that square block through, it ended up breaking.

            Please do not take this blog the wrong way.  I do not speak against marriage at a young age; if that was God's plan for that young married couple, then God bless them!  Or if it wasn't, there is always a plan B, (no not divorce), but there is always a way to make the best out of every situation.

            It is true… it is better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all.  But relying on God to unfold our future significant other is much more reliable than our own faulty humanly senses.

            I just realized this blog has possibly put a damper on the fantasy-like phrase of, "love at first sight."  Do I think it exists?  HAH!  Only with God.


© 2014 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 6, 2014

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe