Mar 6, 2006

Mar 6, 2006

A Chapter by Meboe

I believe I have emphasized the importance of life.  The fact that we exist… we walk, talk, and breathe… our existence.  Obviously not everyone was born with the luxury of a silver spoon in their mouth or a loving family at that.  Now instead of focusing on the glass as half full rather than half empty.  It's the fact we have a life.  Think about it real hard, where would we be at the time before our actual birth, even at that matter what or who were we?  We could have been in that space in a black hole in infinite space for all we know.  A place that more than likely doesn't exist in the first place.  Which is my point, we didn't exist.  Had any human thought about having us a hundred years ago?  Absolutely not.  It is difficult to be thankful for something that feels so painful and unbearable, but that is not the general reason for life.

            Now that I've got the gratefulness out of the way.  Let's go back to be beginning.  I have heard many theories of man as to how we came into existence.  One stands out as a quite queer theory that we came about a small organism from Earth that they believe has existed for eternity?  Or how about we have evolved from a monkey, chimp, or ape or whatever.  I haven't done much research on that theory and there is a good reason for that… I'd rather not waste my time.  It is impossible for us to evolve from a chimp.  Does evolution really exist?  It depends on how we use evolution.  We have improved our society to more complex and sophisticated ways but only in a technological advance.  But when it is referred to us evolving from a chimp to a human is ridiculous.  First of all, a chimp is a chimp… nothing more.  I'll give an example, an ant mound a few hundred years ago would be more than likely the same ant mound that exists today.  If an ant were created for the same intentions for a human, I would not be surprised to see tiny ant skyscrapers running full of life and with even greater inventions than a simple dirt mound.  Compared to us humans, a few hundred years ago we lived without electricity.  That is just one of many advances we have accomplished for the benefit of man.  Let's go back even further quite a few more years; Romans used lions in their glorious gladiator events.  At least it was glorious to them at the time.  A lion is no different from that time in history than in the present moment.  If man were created by nature we could not evolve into someone more sophisticated.  A lion's instincts are to hunt and breed; at least that is the basics of its nature.  Since God created man and woman, this gives true:  (Genesis 1:28 �" 1:30) God blessed them and told them, "Multiply and fill the earth and subdue it.  Be masters over the fish and birds and all the animals."  And God said, "Look!  I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food.  And I have given all the grasses and other green plants to the animals and birds for their food."  One point for the bible and zero points for one of many of mankind's theories for the beginnings of human life.

            Therefore it stands; we are created in God's image.  Now raises curiosity to the question, why were we created?  Retracing my favorite quote of all time, "God is love."  What better way of showing love than to express it, and quite possibly the only way of showing love.  And by God expressing His love, earth was created… although the creation of earth was not the expression but a gift to whom it was created for… that being all of mankind.  Earth is very complex in many ways… from its perfect ecosystem to its beautiful landscapes.  If it weren't for the green of the living plants and forests of this world, breathing would not be an option.  I'm talking about photosynthesis.  That's a completely different concept all together.  Nature both keeps us living and can destroy us with natural disasters.  I believe it is God who controls nature.

            Here is a fascinating idea considering we are created in God's image.  Does that also mean in a way we are like God?  It took God 6 days to create everything, basically our world and the universe right?  For all we know it never ends.  On the seventh day he rested.  I must speak for myself on this fact, I can't even work 5 hours without resting… and in that 5 hours I probably couldn't even plant a couple trees.  Just more proof as to how wonderful our Creator is.

I have always found it fascinating to know that even the most sinister and malicious of humans have strong desires for the expression of love.  Those who do not believe in God are still getting married.  Is it just me, or does anyone else find this amusing?  Even so their love maybe directed at a very limited number of people.  Regardless we are made to love, not only to find that "significant other" but also to "love thy neighbor."  It's no coincidence our strong urges to love another, but it is how we have been carved out into God's image.  Knowing this, we have no excuses for denying Christ as our Creator and Lord. 


© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe