November

November

A Story by MediocreMemory
"

A conversation between two people through emails.

"
To: [email protected]
Subject: Hi!
Date: Thursday, November 4th, 2010 (10:42 pm)

Hello Thomas,
I’m not sure if you remember me but we met a couple days ago on the flight from Helena, OH. I don’t usually do this sort of thing and sorry if you were busy but I hadn’t heard from you yet and thought I might drop you a note to ask how you were. I remember we didn’t exchange numbers but it’s ok if you don’t want to! Anyway, if you get a chance it would be great to hear from you.

Brooke

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hi!
Date: Friday, November 5th, 2010 (9:13 am)

Of course I remember you, Brooke. It’s nice to hear from you as well. How are things? I’ve been pretty busy with work indeed. You remember I discussed my business in Helena? We’re still finalizing the deal so things are hectic right now. I would love to exchange numbers but since I’m barely home and my cell is for work only it would be an inconvenience to us both. Perhaps when this Helena business is done we could exchange. I have to get back to work but would love to get to know you.

Thomas

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: Hi!
Date: Friday, November 5th, 2010 (9:54 am)

I’m sorry to hear that you’re so tied up with this business! Hopefully it won’t take you so long. Not to sound desperate but I would love to chat sometime. Maybe we could grab a bite on your lunch break? Any time is good for me so just let me know if you’re available! I know you said it would be difficult for you to call but just in case you get the chance, my number is (812) 725-9374.

Brooke

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Hi!
Date: Saturday, November 6th, 2010 (1:37 am)

I know you won’t get this right now, you’re probably in bed already. I just hope I didn’t seem too forward with my last email. You don’t have to call me if you don’t want but I thought it would be nice to hear your voice again. It was so soothing when we talked on the flight. I guess you were busy for lunch since I didn’t hear back from but it’s ok! I understand :) I get pretty busy with work as well so whenever you get a chance, that would be great.

Sincerely,
Brooke

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Hi!
Date: Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 (11:21 am)

Sorry it’s been so long since I last emailed you. Sure, I would love to do lunch sometime but you were right when you assumed I was busy with work. Still very hectic with this Helena deal but hopefully it will blow over soon.

Thomas

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: Dinner?
Date: Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 (2:09 pm)

Hi, Thomas! I hope I didn’t bother you too much earlier when I came by your office. The receptionist said you were available so I thought, “what the heck?” and thought I’d say hello! Since you’re so busy with your partners at lunch like you said, I thought perhaps we could have dinner sometime? Well, I know you’re busy so I won’t get in your way! Was nice seeing you again ;)

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Dinner?
Date: Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 (8:58 am)

It was good to see you yesterday as well, though quite unexpected. Dinner might not be so good, either. You know how it is, late nights grinding at the wheel. Maybe we can get together sometime next week?

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: Dinner?
Date: Thursday, November 11th, 2010 (7:09 am)

I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! My mother needed me to help her run some errands and then we went to dinner so I didn’t get back until very late. I was hoping we could see each other this weekend :( It’s ok though, I’ll find something to entertain myself ;) Oh, I know you didn’t want me calling but just in case there’s a free time for you I’d still love to get your number! Anyway, give me a call whenever! I’m available all weekend so don’t worry about bothering me!

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Dinner?
Date: Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 (10:11pm)

Brooke, it was nice of you to bring by dinner at the office Friday but it could get me in trouble with my boss. I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t stop by there anymore. I don’t mean to upset you but my job is very important to me and I don’t think my boss would understand. It tasted great, I’ll have to admit. Shame we won’t have a chance to get together this week.

Thomas

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: Found you!
Date: Thursday, November 18th, 2010 (6:33 pm)

Hi, Tom! I hope you don’t mind I looked up your number! I left a message on your machine but I guess you haven’t gotten it yet since you probably aren’t off work yet. I’m sorry about the lunch incident! Glad you liked it, it was nothing special but if you’d like it, I can come by your apartment sometime and cook you a nice meal? I’ll let you go! Hope to see you soon ;)

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: You there?
Date: Saturday, November 20th, 2010 (3:42 pm)

Hey again, Tom. I was worried that maybe you didn’t want to see me and wanted to make sure I was just being paranoid. You said we couldn’t get together anytime soon but I went by your office (I’m sorry! I know you didn’t want me to!) and Jean said you were off for the day. I asked for your address but I guess I’ll have to follow you home sometime to get it from you (haha, joking of course!) You haven’t returned any of my calls but I guess you weren’t home at all today?

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: You there?
Date: Monday, November 22nd, 2010 (11:22 am)

Brooke, I appreciate the kind gestures you’ve shown me but please don’t take this wrong when I say that we’re not boyfriend/girlfriend. I’ve got enough on my plate without a girlfriend as it is and when you told Jean we were together I have to admit I may have lost my head a bit and I’d like to apologize for that.

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: RE: You there?
Date: Sunday, November 28th, 2010 (5:38 pm)

I know I shouldn’t have blabbed to Jean and I’m sorry for saying such :( I know we’ve only been dating for a short while but I thought we might be headed onto a serious road. I hope you don’t mind that I left a gift with the doorman of your building. He said I wasn’t allowed inside the building so I couldn’t deliver it personally but hope you like it! I thought of you when I saw it and had to get it! I know you want us to just be friends but I really like you and want to be more so if you change your mind, I’m always here :)

Yours, Brooke
_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: Not giving up!
Date: Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 (10:48 am)

Tom I know you’re upset with me for coming to your apartment and I know you’re really busy with work since I can’t even get in to see you but maybe if you just answer one of my messages on your machine? When I call it goes straight to voicemail. I hope your phone is still working! If it isn’t, I’d feel really horrible :(

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: Miss you
Date: Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 (9:52 pm)

I saw you in Starbucks the other day and waved to you but I guess you didn’t see me. Still haven’t gotten any calls from you! Do you still have my number? Just in case, it’s (812) 725-9374. I hope to see you again real soon! I can’t stop thinking about you :) I talked to Jean the other day and she says you might be out of town for the holidays and I wanted to make sure and say goodbye before you leave (perhaps I could go with you?) I told my mother all about you and she can’t wait to meet you so I was hoping it was ok for me to bring her by your apartment? I’ll call ahead so your doorman knows I’m coming. He always seems to forget who I am and won’t let me come see you! See you soon!

XOXO, Brooke

_________

To: [email protected]
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Date: Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 (9:53 pm)

This is an automatically generated delivery status notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed:
[email protected]

© 2011 MediocreMemory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is great. Okay, maybe the "psychotic female" isnt a completely new idea, but it still dragged me in. You did an excellent job of building towards the stalking. I actually felt a little bad for Brooke at the start. I would throw this over to the Horror section as I think the fans there will enjoy. Again great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this is great. Okay, maybe the "psychotic female" isnt a completely new idea, but it still dragged me in. You did an excellent job of building towards the stalking. I actually felt a little bad for Brooke at the start. I would throw this over to the Horror section as I think the fans there will enjoy. Again great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a wonderfully thought-out story! Great job, really. The progress of it all was genius, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011

Author

MediocreMemory
MediocreMemory

NC



About
My writings are extremely mature: including sexual themes, violence/gore, and idealogically sensitive material. I am aware that this is a niche, but I will accept that since this is my passion. I bas.. more..

Writing
Shhh... Shhh...

A Story by MediocreMemory