Laying Low

Laying Low

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

Skyler's eyes slowly opened and she smiled when she noticed me. She stretched but then stopped as she felt another presence in the room. "Don't freak out! He's a friend."
"My name is Artemas, but Dim here calls me Artie."
"So are you-"
"Yes." He interupted.
"Is it okay if I ask why you're here?"
"My mother found out...about us," I told her calmly.
Her eyes widened. "What is she going to do?" She asked in fear.
"Knowing her, nothing good," Artie stated.
"But he's going to help us. Nothing is going to get to you. So don't worry," I tried to soothe her, and it seemed to work a little bit.
"Well, since I'm here, I now have to go to the bathroom. So excuse me," Artie left in a hurry towards our bathroom and closed the door behind him.
You see, when angels come down here, we turn normal, well as normal as an angel can get. So that means as soon as we get down here we have to almost immediately go to bathroom, we get tired, overwhelmed, and whatnot.
"So is he going to stay with us?" Skyler asked me.
"Probably so. Is that a problem?"
"No. It's just going to be weird living in an apartment with two guys."
"Well, don't worry about him. He's gay." I stated plainly.
Her eyes widened but then she started laughing.
"What's so funny?" I asked her.
"Aren't you two just a pair?"
I chuckled and sat next to her on on the bed with my feet still on the ground. He legs were crisscrossed and her hands were in her lap. "I know. One in love with a human, which is forbidden, and the other being gay, which is also forbidden."
"That must be why you two are friends."
Artie stepped out of the bathroom and made a really loud noise. "No one may want to go in there for a while."
"Thanks for the announcement, buddy."
"So what are we going to do about your crazy mom?"
I shrugged. "We'll be okay for the next few days but after that we may have problems. We're going to have to keep our ears open to see what she does, but I kind of just want to lay low right now. Not really start anything...yet."
Artie followed his arms in front of his chest. "She slapped him. Right across the face."
Skyler whipped her head towards me. "Are you ok?" Her voice raised.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry, babe." I smiled at her.


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


Author's Note

Meghan Frederick
Please tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More twist, that's good. Moving on the next chapter.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 28, 2013
Tags: planning, plans, gay, couple, friends


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing