Living Nightmare

Living Nightmare

A Story by MelGo30~
"

A person struggles to cope with what's happening outside the safety of their room.

"

When did I lose track of time? The question clouds my head. I only realize it when I look at the clock by my bedside table marking past midnight. It seemed like the dim sunlight coming through my shutter sealed windows went dark a few moments ago, though the light from the lamps still comes through ever so slightly.

            I take a deep breath and put my hands around my noise cancelling headphones, wishing for the best. I quickly put them back on when I notice the soul crashing noises coming from outside haven’t subsided. How many could there possibly be out there still?

            My body doesn’t move when I tell it to stand up and go to the window, my backside still glued to my bed. Do I really even want to see what’s out there anyway? I’m sure not.

            When will this end? Will it ever end? It’s been too long since I’ve had a peaceful quiet night without the outside crawling with everything that can make my life a living nightmare. I can’t stop considering to just leave, but I’ve done that too many times and it’s always the same; there’s nowhere to run to anymore, this is what my reality will look like for a long time no matter how much I refuse to accept it.

            I close my eyes and clear my head. Letting the dark and quiet swallow me whole for as long as it takes. When I open my eyes again, I notice the window is completely dark; finally, they’re gone.

            I hesitate to take off my headphones, but I eventually do it. I heavily exhale and my lips curve up when I confirm there’s only quiet now.

            My body finally obeys my command to walk to the window. Through the shutters, my eyes struggle to adjust to only the moonlight, but I finally see enough; the backyard is completely destroyed �" again. I sigh.

            Just another party night for the sorority house and another living nightmare for me. 

© 2021 MelGo30~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 9, 2021
Last Updated on June 9, 2021

Author

MelGo30~
MelGo30~

About
I just want to put words in pages and make it worth reading. Hope you enjoy my random stories! Feel free to give me feedback on any of my pieces. more..

Writing
Separated Separated

A Story by MelGo30~


Turn to ashes Turn to ashes

A Story by MelGo30~