Cursed Love

Cursed Love

A Poem by Hopelessly Confused
"

A boys feelings for a girl.

"

I'm cursed by her
This beautiful killer
She's conquered my mind
And has started killing me from the inside.

When she screams,
My throat aches.
When she cries,
My eyes water.
When she hurts,
My pain is unbearable.

I can't stand
This unmerciful control she has over me.
Does she even realize,
the power she wields?
She's destroying me
Yet in my pain I have fallen for her.

I love her
Her beauty keeps me just inches away from the darkness.
I would surely die for her
But what she really needs
Is me to live for her.

© 2009 Hopelessly Confused


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A wonderful poem. 'I would surely die for her, but what she really needs, is me to live for her', this speaks millions in just a few small words. It sounds what you have is worth holding on to. The second stanza also confirms this, love like this is rare. Thanks for sharing and allowing me to reminise.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful- absolutely amazing. I loved that last paragraph. I'm not ashamed to admit I wiped away a tear from my eye while reading this. Perfect!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Awesome poem! I'm nearly crying it's so sad and perfect.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is beautiful!!!

I would surely die for her
But what she really needs
Is me to live for her.

^^ I love these lines!! :)))

This is wonderfully done Melana!

Posted 9 Years Ago


She's destroying me
Yet in my pain I have fallen for her.
I love her
Her beauty keeps me just inches away from the darkness.
I would surely die for her
But what she really needs
Is me to live for her. Beautifully written...loved the ending lines! Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


hauntingly beautiful poem about love, deep, dark love. I have felt this way about a girl only once, and she tore my heart out. Anyway, this poem reminds me of that. Very good peice indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


When she screams,
My throat aches.
When she cries,
My eyes water.
When she hurts,
My pain is unbearable.

A beautiful and unbeatable love. Wholly dedicated. Great one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The first stanza evoked an image of a succubus; she is the seductress of the night. The speaker reminds me of a lovesick vampire. In mythology, vampires are depicted as creatures of obsession. The man struggles with his attraction to this mortal woman, and therefore, he watches her from a distance. Near the end, she does not appear to be the succubus that was seen in the beginning. He rationalizes his passion; he convinces himself that she is causing this subconsciously. However, he realizes that she is innocence in the following line: "Her beauty keeps me just inches away from the darkness." The man decides to "live for her" by leaving her be so he does not break the illusion he has of her.

"Cursed Love" is a Gothic delight that the audience will eat up. I, for one, enjoyed this fantasy. Thank you for sharing!

sincerely,
ria

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This explains so much in such a beautiful and crafty way. Lovely piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love this poem, it's amazing, well done for creating something so beautiful! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


She drags you into a darkness, without realizing the power she holds; your heart. Truly beautiful.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6710 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 27, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2009
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Hope, Life, Love, Pain, Sad, Thoughts, Abuse, Passion

Author

Hopelessly Confused
Hopelessly Confused

Tallahassee, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I'm Melana, I love to write. It helps me keep sane. Can't go a day with out writing. Most my friends love to write so it's awesome. I love Reading- Mainly supernatural books, Writing- Anything just.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..