Hot Chicks

Hot Chicks

A Story by MelissaAndres
"

Story of a young college man who goes to a party at his roommate's urging that only succeeds in exacerbating the loneliness he doesn't share with others.

"

"Get your nose outta that book.  Come party.  It'll do you good."


"Thanks but I don't think so."  Hamilton waved a hand at his college roommate."  Everyone will be paired off and I have this Chem test Monday."


"There's gonna be hot chicks there.  You study so much, you need to blow off some steam."  Seth grabbed the textbook and threw it to the floor.  "A party will help you get out of this nerd thing you have going on."


Hamilton sighed.  "If I go will you leave me alone so I can study?"


"Of course."


Pushing black frame-rimmed glasses atop his nose, Hamilton half-coughed, half-sneezed.  "Where's this party gonna be?  My allergies are acting up and ..."


"Deborah's parents' beach house.  Bikinis, beer, music.  Sure you're not allergic to fun?"


Standing from the desk, Hamilton grimaced.  "I'm not allergic to fun but let the record show I'm attending in order to receive some peace so I can study."  He slipped into the bathroom as Seth's cellphone rang.


"He's coming but he'll be a stick in the mud.  We'll find some girl to set him up with.  Love you too, Deb."


Hamilton emerged wearing penny loafers, khaki pants and a plaid long-sleeved shirt buttoned to his Adam's apple. 


"Which tie works better, blue or green?"  He held the strips of cloth to his chest.


"Lord," Seth rolled his eyes.  "Don't you own a pair of shorts, flip flops, maybe a t-shirt?"


Looking down at his attire, Hamilton shook his head.  "I look fine.  Let's go so I can get back."



Seth and Deborah walked hand-in-hand amongst the crowd of partiers.  Some were dancing, some were laughing, couples were groping each other on the couches.


"There's a hot chick.  Talk to her."  Deborah nudged Hamilton toward a leggy brunette.


"No!" she said emphatically.


"There's a cute chick.  Talk to that one."  Seth pushed his roommate toward a red-head with an ample bosom.


"No!" she said vehemently.


Hamilton sulked.  He'd been into academics, focused on furthering his education but this rejection by the opposite sex was a blow to his self-esteem.


Running from the house, Hamilton found himself walking on the beach.  He removed his footwear and rolled up his trousers.  The foamy mist of the ocean sprayed his face and he could feel the sand squish between his toes.


A few embracing couples dotting the shoreline beneath the setting sun ignored the lonely young man as he shuffled past.


Picking up a shell, Hamilton noticed a dull piece of something in the distance.


Reaching the brass lamp, Hamilton smiled.  Rubbing sand from its side, the piece began to shake.  A plume of gray smoke poofed into the salt-tinged air.


"I'm your Genie, Master," a mustached hologram explained.  "I can grant one wish and one wish only."


Hamilton grinned.  "I wish for a hot blonde chick."  He laughed at his frivolity.


Without preamble, a tiny, yellow, cheeping baby chick appeared in Hamilton's outstretched hands, squatted and pooped.


"No!" he said in disbelief.

© 2015 MelissaAndres


Author's Note

MelissaAndres
Please give an overall review on this comical short story. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I guess I was still trying to wake up when I read this this morning, and failed to appreciate the humor. Now hours later, I think it's perfect. If he takes that cute little chicken back to the party, I'll bet he'll get hit on by the featherless chicks. Clever writing, Melissa.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Sam! I sent you a message.



Reviews

A very entertaining story. Wild party and thoughts led to good ending. Thank you Melissa for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelissaAndres

7 Years Ago

Thanks, Coyote Poetry. I appreciate it!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome Melissa.
nyah nyah! So wrong. You are a brat and that's all there is to it. Seriously, this one made me crack up at the end. Sounds like the way my life would go if I found a Genie. Very funny write. Great dialogue

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, TL! Haha! Sometimes I get in dark moods, sometimes I get in my funny little wei.. read more
that dam genie,he made a mistake

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

He sure did! Haha!
I guess I was still trying to wake up when I read this this morning, and failed to appreciate the humor. Now hours later, I think it's perfect. If he takes that cute little chicken back to the party, I'll bet he'll get hit on by the featherless chicks. Clever writing, Melissa.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Sam! I sent you a message.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2015
Last Updated on September 8, 2015
Tags: hot, chicks, nerd, party, genie, granted, beach, sand, lamp, college, girls, music, wish

Author

MelissaAndres
MelissaAndres

Fort Worth, TX



About
Hi! My name's Melissa and I love to read and write! I am married to a wonderful guy named Mark and have a grown son and step-son and five beautiful grandchildren. I no longer work outside the home .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by MelissaAndres


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by MelissaAndres



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..