LETTER TO MY DADDY

LETTER TO MY DADDY

A Story by Melodie. M.
"

It's a letter a girl writes to God, in an attempt to apologize for her wrongs and find her way to daddy's loving arms

"

Dear God,

Can I talk to you? Lately our relationship has not been the same and I miss you. I searched deep into myself and realized that its me who grew distant.

I got too busy and didn’t have time for you. Too busy dealing with problems that were weighing me down, problems that got me distressed, stressed and worried. I thought I could handle them by myself but the more I tried I got nowhere. I forgot that I had You. You would always listen to me pour my heart out and cry and You would make it all better. I forgot to trust you and let you handle everything and I’m sorry.

Whenever I talked to you I would always complain how life is unfair and how everything was falling apart. I forgot that I should also tell you how awesome you are, how amazing your grace truly is.. I forget to thank you for all the good things in my life; loving family, awsam friends and for everything in my life. I realize that each day is a gift and not a given right, you could just as easily take it away.

I forget to thank you every day fir the little things…a full set of teeth that I can smile, two legs that can walk , eyes that can see, ears that can hear, a brain that functions and for a body that works perfectly. You made me beautifully and wonderfully, and for that I am thankful.

I have done things I am not proud of, things I am very remorseful about. You see into my heart and know how much it hurt that I went against your rules. I have hurt people’s feelings and broken their trust, I have said things that I wish I could take back, I have thought things that I wouldn’t like anyone but you to know and most of all , I pushed you away and thought I could make it on my own.

Sometimes I ask you for something and get angry when I don’t get it. Its not because you wont give it to me but it may not be the best for me at the time. Help me to know that you have my best interest at heart. And when my prayer get answered, I will remember to thank you,.

So here I am, asking you, Oh please, Daddy please, come take my hand and walk with me. I promise that I will not try to be strong and pretend that I am super woman. I may be all grown up but I am still your little girl and I need my Father. You are a God who has all things but still You want me. That is love.

There is no grater love than yours and for anyone to want to live to through life without having experienced it is a shame. I know you love me and want only the best for me.

I love you, always have and always will.

With Love,

Your Child.

Melodie

 

© 2012 Melodie. M.


Author's Note

Melodie. M.
Just tell me exactly what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another interesting read!

Once again, I have to mention, because it is important to the nature of this review, that I am an atheist and have been one since birth. Since my parents didn't impart any kind of indoctrination on me, I just natural developed as i was.

OK, so with that understanding, you must know that this is my first view into the mind of a religious person. It was very interesting and I enjoyed this candid view.

I suppose the thing I found most interesting is that our string of thoughts, our regrets, our promises, our distresses, our feelings of confusion and chaos are all the same. Really the only thing that differs is where we direct these thoughts and feelings and who we seek out for guidance.

Personally, I direct these feelings, in my mind, to myself. It's like taking stock of your inventory. As far as where I go for guidance, I would refer to past experience, writers, scientists and thinkers that I admire and my own friends -- which I would say is similar to your approach, minus god.

So I feel that I learned a valuable lesson here. I am not so different from the theists out there. That's really cool.

Thanks for putting this out there!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Melodie. M.

11 Years Ago

we are all entitled to our own beliefs and ways of life, but am glad we found a common point..and yo.. read more
Justin K Day

11 Years Ago

It was a pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012
Tags: forgiveness, Daddy, sorry, God, letters

Author

Melodie. M.
Melodie. M.

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I'm just a girl who has a passion for words and i love to write and share my thoughts. I'm 20 years old. I love rock music , Sidney Sheldon is my inspiration and for me, color purple rocks!!! more..

Writing