Alone at a crossroads

Alone at a crossroads

A Story by Melodie. M.
"

Its a piece about being a dilemma...and how confused one feels

"

  We have all been there. It is a place I know all too well. The point where you don’t know what to do, how to do it and even when to do it. It happens, we are human; our emotions conflict with reason and with our bodies hence they are never able to reach a consensus. Our head says one thing and our heart is screaming in a completely different language. So which is it? The voice we are meant to hear?

Making choices is hard, in fact, there should be some sort of course people take to become pros at it. I know I would definitely attend that class and take a few of my friends with me. Making one choice has its own implications and making the other choice has its won set of consequences. But who are we to know what the consequences will be?

So what do you do? When you find yourself there, at the point of no return? Where you are beyond help, its either do or die and as much as your friends want, they can’t help you because it is your choice to make and you will live with the consequences after.

Some seek solace in the Bible, Ah, yes, the good book of wisdom as they seek for divine intervention from a grater power. Other find comfort in talking to a friend and sharing all their pain, letting go and letting someone else share their pain and turmoil. Others prefer doing it alone, soul searching if you may. They carefully consider the what ifs, the maybes and the oh wells, them make a choice.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt is not to make a permanent choice based on a temporary feeling. You may not be able to live with the cost.

So I’ll say it this way, listen to your heart and think with your head. Because deep down, we all know what we want but we let fear get the better of us or we are just afraid of going wrong. And so what if we make mistakes? Nobody is perfect and don’t try too hard either. Even babies have to crawl before they can walk. And should you decide wrongly, that’s what second chances and apologies are for. Don’t let fear hold you back. If we don’t make mistakes, however do we expect to learn?

So, if you find yourself at that place where the road ahead is unclear, just search within yourself, breathe slow, pray and it will dawn on you.

Melodie           

© 2012 Melodie. M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's interesting.

I really did enjoy this, which is surprising to me, as I am an atheist and do not believe in prayer --- still, I got something from this and I respect your process and I thank you for sharing it.

I definitely agree with the aspects of introspection you introduce, and the way you speak of asking your friends and I think that prayer is up to the individual, but I personally wouldn't take it to that level or the bible, but that's ok.

Still, I think it is an interesting subject to take on and something I haven't read much about.

Thanks again for sharing!

Justin

Posted 11 Years Ago


I just wanna share this piece because we all have tough choices to make

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012
Tags: dilemma, choices, confusion

Author

Melodie. M.
Melodie. M.

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I'm just a girl who has a passion for words and i love to write and share my thoughts. I'm 20 years old. I love rock music , Sidney Sheldon is my inspiration and for me, color purple rocks!!! more..

Writing