of creation and queries

of creation and queries

A Story by Melodie. M.
"

questions we might ask about how we were made

"

OF CREATION AND QUERIES

Judging from the creation story it would appear that the creation of a human life was almost too easy, like God didn’t pay attention to detail. I mean, according to Genesis, all God had to do was to take some soil, clay if you may, form it into a human shape and breathe into it...and alas! The human race came into being. Sure, God in all his omniscience knew how he had put everything together, how He had balanced everything together to make us work perfectly. Let’s take a moment to appreciate what masterpieces we really are.

How did God know to put our eyes in front of our faces so we would see where we are going? Would it be any different if w had our eyes where our ears are?  How did He know to give us two hands instead of three? Wouldn’t it make our work much easier? Come on admit it, how many times have you wished you had three hands so you would work faster? Why did he decide that our hearts must be placed in a central place to our body so that it would pump blood effectively to all our parts? How did he come up with the structure of the lung and how it works to make us breathe? How did He understand to put our legs where they are and that putting one foot in front of the other would enable us to move? And why do we have two legs, not three?

And what if our noses were where our mouths are, would that affect anything? Why do we have 10 fingers and not 15? And why are our teeth white and not brown or dark, that way, wouldn’t they match our complexion? Okay, I’ll stop now.

Thinking about it, its sort of hard to imagine, but if we would have been made different we wouldn’t know. How would we? We are after all, the only ones of our kind.[1]

 I guess what I am trying to say here is that we should appreciate every single thing about ourselves, every curve of our smiles, every twitch of our muscle and every blink of our eye.

While I believe in self-appreciation, I also believe that if you are not comfortable with the way you look, then you have the power to change it…because happiness is what everybody seeks for if you find it, hold on to it. If you think that your hips are too large, work out, do some jumping jacks and trim down; if you feel that your biceps are too small, pick up those weights and pump some life into your shoulders. Though I support this, I am not an extremist..if your spoil your body, you will only have yourself to blame; we can all learn a thing or two from one Michael Jackson.

I know what you are thinking, so in my defense I will say this: I just give you both sides of the coin, and leave you to decide which side is shinier. ™

Enjoy life, don’t sweat the small stuff and laugh while you still can.

 

Melodie



 

 

© 2012 Melodie. M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 29, 2012
Last Updated on November 29, 2012
Tags: creation, God, questions

Author

Melodie. M.
Melodie. M.

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I'm just a girl who has a passion for words and i love to write and share my thoughts. I'm 20 years old. I love rock music , Sidney Sheldon is my inspiration and for me, color purple rocks!!! more..

Writing