Laughter

Laughter

A Story by Melrose

The blazing sun sets amongst the olive trees and the air of night is sensed through out the atmosphere. The moon appears brightly in the ever changing sky with phenomenal mysteries to its name. The sky turns gray and then to an endless darkness moving forward into night. Stars emerge slowly with a billowing light and the planets, not often seen, purge luminosity from a distance. An aloof bench was settling into the grubby earth making its way into its proper place. Street lights were shining a top this wintry bench which caused it to glisten with sweat. Alone on the bench was a livid young man waiting for his time to come. He sat so tightly with his head held down to the floor and nothing seemed apparent to him, till he raised his heavy head and caught sight of a portly bunny flopping away. The young man completed a smile as he saw this chubby thing make its way past his shuttering feet. He took in a lasting breath and let out a prevailing chuckle at this sight to which he just beheld. The young man stood from the, now balmy, bench and placed a blade held from his heart onto the frozen ground. His day had fallen short and his soul glanced at darkness, till he chuckled at an obese bunny. His mind was replaced with innocence and he realized laughing could cure anything.

© 2012 Melrose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on May 8, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012
Tags: laughter, sun, bunny, portly, smile, soul, sky, air, mind

Author

Melrose
Melrose

About
I don't know right now...ask me I suppose. more..

Writing
Society Society

A Poem by Melrose


Cried Hollo Cried Hollo

A Poem by Melrose


Oh Mirror Oh Mirror

A Poem by Melrose