-untitled- (2)

-untitled- (2)

A Story by Mena

She knows my name.  How does she know my name? Who is she?! For a moment time freezes, I stand up stumbling on the heels and before I can stop myself I stutter loudly.

“Ye… Yes, it’s me!
-
“I’m in the kitchen! The children will be home in an hour, want to help me with dinner?”

Children? Do I babysit? What the hell is happening? I better answer her before she comes over here. Think fast Isa!

“Uhm… No, I… I don’t feel good! “

-

“What’s wrong? Do you need me?”!

I can hear her voice getting closer, say something, quick! I reach for the stairs…

“NO! You keep cooking! I’m going to, ugh, lay down for a bit!”


I bolt for the stairs and I hear her walk away.  I can breathe again. WHAT is happening? Am I dreaming? Instinctively I pinch myself. Nope, not dreaming, that hurt.


There are some pictures on the wall at the top of the stairs, going up I stop and look at them. Louie is coming up the stairs distracting me before noticing exactly what the pictures are of. It’s a wedding picture, it’s MY wedding picture. I look down at my hands again noticing the tan line surrounding my ring finger.


This has got to be a dream.


I am wearing a beautiful, simple, white satin dress falling along the sides of my body into a modest length train, a strip of delicate lace patterned waistband with crossed lines decorated with crystals in the junctions, and there she is, the face behind the voice from the kitchen.


She is wearing a white linen suit, fitted to her body, sandy shirt, ivory bow tie, impeccable hairdo.  I stand before her portrait motionless; something inside of me knows her. My stomach fills with knots and I reach out to the picture, she is so beautiful and her eyes, so full of love and warmth.


Who is this woman? What’s her name? How did we meet?


Next to the wedding picture is a family portrait. I stare at the picture speechless, tracing the outline of the faces with the tip of my fingers. Twins, a boy and a girl, they must be about 8? The kids, our kids, my kids, I’m getting dizzy, this can’t be good.

© 2013 Mena


Author's Note

Mena
This is the follow up of untitled, a story i'm writting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the story so far and I hope you keep writing it! But I kinda wish you had a title and they was a little bit longer.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on January 8, 2013

Author

Mena
Mena

Lima, Lima, Peru



About
Hi, my name is Mena (actually it is Ximena but Mena is a lot easier and also how I sign my work). I would like to say I am a writer but I still haven't been able to pin point that one when I speak ab.. more..

Writing
-untitled- (3) -untitled- (3)

A Story by Mena


-untitled- -untitled-

A Story by Mena


In my own skin In my own skin

A Poem by Mena