Clouded: Prologue

Clouded: Prologue

A Chapter by Rose
"

Enjoy!

"

“The blood curdling screams, the ones coming from the little girl’s mouth, they weren't human, were they?” My hands shake as I try to calm myself. But in the end of the world? Calming yourself is really, really difficult.


“No. No, they weren’t human,”  my best friend, Colleen, says. She leads me through her farmhouse, careful to close and lock every door behind her. Colleen had found me unconscious and locked in a car surrounded by the so-called “Clouded.” She says I am lucky that my jeep was nice and strong, otherwise I would have fallen victim to them.


 Anyways, she brings me into a room where white tarps line the walls, and an occasional black cylinder protrudes from the tarps. Colleen asks me to stay where I am  and then leaves. I can’t help but walk up to the walls, cautious of what is about to happen, and after a moment of studying the cylinders, I realize they are speakers, but why speakers? 


Suddenly, the speakers kicked on, a loud, high-pitched sound rang throughout the room. The sound faded, though, and I am left to assume the pitch got so high I couldn't hear it anymore. 


Colleen entered with a grateful sigh, leaving me to wonder why I was subjected to such horrible sounds, but she then led me away into the kitchen. 


When we entered the kitchen, she took several eggs, from her own chickens, out of a carton and cracked them into a bowl. I sat down at a large, wooden table and took a pear from a bowl in the center. 


“So, what was that room and those sounds for?” I ask, stuffing my face full of pear. I can’t remember the last time I had eaten, but I can’t really remember much from before Colleen found me. Colleen turns and faces me with a puzzled expression.


“The sounds? Do you not remember what they do?” She spins back to the pan and scrapes the edges. She must be making scrambled eggs.


“Am I supposed to? You never told me before,” and when I say this, Colleen glances over her shoulder with an extremely worried look. “You don’t remember the months we spent building that after you figured out the sound could make the "Clouded" revert to their raw state?” 


I stare with a blank face. Is she messing with me? How would I know? Clearly I don’t remember a thing! Seconds later, my thoughts are broken when she grabs onto my shoulders tightly, looking me dead in the eye. “Mirza, how come you remember me but nothing else?”


I am at a loss for words. How come I remember her? As soon as I woke up, I almost immediately remembered her. Did I get a light concussion? Why was I even in the Jeep? And what discovery did I make? 


I jolt up, then pace around the table. Questions are filling my mind now. How would I not remember details to something so inhuman! Those things were trying to tear us apart! Clouded? Why that name? So, so many questions. However, my thoughts are interrupted when a man bursts in through the front door, one with three locks on it.


© 2020 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
:D Enjoy and have a day as splendid as yourself!

Also, so sorry I keep jumping around with my writing! If I have an idea, I write it down asap! LOL

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WAIT NO YOU CANT LEAVE IT LIKE THAT. MOOOORE 😭 I love this concept and I’m so so interested in what’s to come! And never apologize for how you write. Whatever you do for you is the best, and I get it! I always have to have something I can write ideas down on, because I always happen to wake up in the middle of the night with poems stuck in my head, haha! I don’t know how you keep coming up with these genius ideas BUT we need stories like this!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

OMGG same! I come up with tons of ideas before bed and I have to write them all down LOL! But thank .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 22, 2020
Last Updated on October 22, 2020
Tags: apocalypse, end, zombies, science fiction, fiction, adventure, scary, gore, intense


Author

Rose
Rose

WI



About
I have a creative mind and tons of ideas I would love to share! Please bear with me, as my grammar may not be all that good. I am still learning after all! more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Rose


Forever On Forever On

A Story by Rose