When Calm Waters Turn

When Calm Waters Turn

A Poem by Isabel
"

I'm still here.

"

Palm trees abide the salty breeze. I wait for the sea to beckon me.


The warmth of the sun etches gold onto my skin when I reach out my hand.


I desire a vivid light, but it only slips through my fingers like loose, dense sand.


Being alive is what's going to kill me the most.


I'm allured by dark waters. I am the Ocean's daughter.


Sirens romance me and I'm no longer by the shore.


Further persuaded by the melodies of the calm waves and I'm now immersed.


Held down by sudden rage and I fight the urge to breathe as my lungs prepare to burst.


I drift into what I believed to be a harmless stupor.


The pain struggles to keep quiet as the air berates the cold intruder.


My once fiery soul is now burned out by the muffled crashes.


The tides overpower me, gifting the remnants of my soul to the blue as it flashes.

© 2016 Isabel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Beautiful imagery and your way of explaining yourself is alluring!
"I am the ocean's daughter." Great line!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a great poem. The line "being alive is what's going to kill me most" gave me chills. Your imagery was hauntingly gorgeous. I am so glad that you shared your talent with us. Keep on writing. I look forward to reading more of your works.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabel

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind words William! I appreciate the review.
Hey!!!I really liked this poem and you are a talented writer you painted apicture before my eyes through your powerful words.....i really liked the way you expressed the main theme of the poem through your words and carved it.....Keep on writing and thanks for sharing....

Posted 7 Years Ago


Isabel

7 Years Ago

Glad that you liked it, thank you for the review!
Being alive is what's going to kill me the most.

I really love the picture you paint with your words. The tone is alluring and compelling. Awesome piece

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabel

8 Years Ago

Thank you Crystal! I appreciate it.
Hello Maria, this is such a poignant piece, I love the way you intertwine nature
With your own feelings, beautiful imagery dear poet, very cool, Thanks EG

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabel

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your review EG.
The structure of the poem is almost as one of a short story. I could really imagine this scene taking place in my head due to good descriptions.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabel

8 Years Ago

Nice to know and thanks for your comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

791 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2016
Last Updated on February 12, 2016
Tags: anything, personal, short, poem, poetry, dark, oceans, february

Author

Isabel
Isabel

CA



About
Isabel | 24 | SoCal | Temporary Poet | I've got a fiery passion for all things creative and unique 🌠 tumblr @mercurymood twitter @bebecita_bel instagram @bebecita_bel more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by Isabel