Time

Time

A Story by Neeeks!
"

This was an assignment from my schools writing group earlier this year. I found it as I was going through my school work, so I decided to post it here instead of simply throwing it away.

"
Nothing can ever stay; everything that has a start must have an end. Seasons only last for so long before fading away, the change creeping on the horizon. Bonds break and lives are lost to welcome those anew. Even memories never stay whole, distorted over time.

Time.

The one thing that no one seems to have enough of; everyone always wishes that time would stop, that one could go back in time to change something. To spend more time with loved ones, to relive a precious memory.

For every second we progress, another precious second is lost, wasted.

The countdown never ends, not even on New Years; the countdown merely starts all over again. As people watch the ball drop, some in Time Square, others at home with loved ones, it becomes a moment to look back on what was lost. A moment to see what was gained.

For some, the start of something new and the end of the old has become a habit. Some don't like to look back, they simply look at what is ahead of them.

The ball finally reaches the bottom; the countdown ends, ready to start again.

No text, no call. A simple cheer from those nearby, some more or less enthused than another.

Goodbye 2009. Hello 2010.

© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
Added on September 13, 2010
Last Updated on September 13, 2010

Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!