Thunders kiss (prologue)

Thunders kiss (prologue)

A Story by Mey
"

A storm brews

"

 

Prologue
 
A storm is coming.
Upon the horizon the clouds have begun to darken, swallowing the light like a hungry beast eager to be set free. They swell with stolen moisture, bulging fat with the desire to release their burden upon the hapless city below.
The crowds thin as people begin to take note of the signs around them. Slowly the streets clear until only the foolish and the desperate are left. Strays search frantically for a place to hide from the engorged beasts that rage through the heavens.
The first few drops hit the ground with a soft playful pattering like that of a thousand tiny feet. Then slowly the sound grows until it is no longer playful but an army marching down from the skies above. And still the sound swells until it is a crash, a single simple sound of rain swallowing the city and all that surrounds it.
Drivers are forced from the road. Gutters overflow with waste. The people of the city sit, silent spectators, and watch as a solid mass of water smashes through their city sweeping up everything that it can in it’s mad rush to the tunnels below.
A lone car persists, slowly fighting its way towards the city. Crawling ever forward, battling for every inch that it moves. This is what they’ve been waiting for.
To them this storm is more than that more than it appears. To them this storm is more fierce and dangerous than anyone in the city can imagine. To them this is just the beginning.
The Lightning cracks the sky and the thunder shakes the very earth.
The storm has come.

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really really liked it! I mean seriously great work. Very detailed and well written you give amazing visuals!
"The crowds thin as people begin to take note of the signs around them. Slowly the streets clear until only the foolish and the desperate are left. Strays search frantically for a place to hide from the engorged beasts that rage through the heavens." That isn a beautiful piece of art! I NEVER would have thought of it that way great job! KEEP WRITING!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


that was good. i was going to point out a few errors, but you asked me not to. i thought it was really good, though. i want to know more about it and that's what a prologue is supposed to do. good work. ♥

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2009
Last Updated on August 23, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey