Sit Down and Relax Chapter 2

Sit Down and Relax Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mhbravo

Chapter 2

Invisible. Lying prone in the dirt while perched on a hilltop 300m from the likely enemy position, Sergeant Ander Buzak continuously scanned the target, patiently pulling overwatch for his unit. From his position as he looked through the grass he saw a stony-grey ridge line gently declining into what was once a river valley. The dry heat of years gone by had left a natural route timelessly carved from the rock. Buzak was a seasoned scout and relied on skills he developed hunting game as a kid in Northern Mississippi. His spotter to his right was an older, more experienced soldier, but Buzak had perfect vision in both light green eyes, and was a hell of a shot.


"279m-one o'clock-no wind-AK-47-black T-shirt." "Ready."--"Send it." The bullet impacted the chest of the target causing a loud pop of torn tissue and bone, spreading apart and slapping back together; a distinctive sound and a confirmed hit. A thin spray of blood was raised like a flag initiating the ambush on the expected enemy resupply. "270m-11:30-no wind-AK-47-in front of the tree." "Ready."--"Send it." An overzealous enemy raised his weapon and his life cut short of returning fire, his Avtomat Kalashnikova assault rifle falling from his hands with the realization he'd been hit.


The pride of two clean hits and filled by the adrenaline of a successful hunt, Ander and his spotter watched as the ambush went as planned. On this mission, overwatch was a safe distance with no immediate threats. With the smell of smokeless powder in the warm mountain air, Buzak and his spotter watched the battle via front row seats in the Roman Coliseum. They intently searched for the next target, hungry for another kill. The thrill of battle, complemented by a sense of protection for their soldiers. The unit stormed the enemy from two sides; lanes of fire in sync; calls for movements loud and thunderous. Without time to route, the resupply immediately dropped to the ground, desperately clinging to nonexistent cover. Well trained warriors released well placed rounds. The metal bullets ripped through the air, most finding preselected targets in a predetermined section of the resupply. Outnumbered, out gunned, and out of time the opposition's warriors, were overwhelmed.




© 2015 Mhbravo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 20, 2015
Last Updated on September 20, 2015
Tags: War, Iraq, Sit Down and Relax, Short, Story, intelligent, military, officer, officers, Soldiers, OCS, Army, Marines. Air force, Navy.


Author

Mhbravo
Mhbravo

Memphis, TN



About
My story I'm working on will tell you more about me than I could possibly do in this tiny 'about me' box. more..

Writing