Angels

Angels

A Story by Michael Thrower
"

Old miss Rosie has visitors.

"

The angels came to see me again today. I was making a pot of tea in the kitchen when I heard my doorbell chime. I wasn’t expecting any guests this evening so it made me slightly nervous. As I opened the door, to my surprise, two very tall men stood; one of them was black, if that sweetens the deal. So I openly invited them inside for some tea and we talked of things and more things such as stuff and bread. These angels were becoming quite frequent now, always wanting some of my orange milk! It made me furious, shaking my arms at them every time they pleaded.


The angels helped me fix the pressure gate on my door as well as a few other miscellaneous wares among my house. I’m getting old and lonely, and as a woman who has been widowed for several years it is nice to have the company of such nice-looking men -even if they are angels- so I soon began to like them.


Burt, my dead husband, says the angels aren’t real. Well, I’ve seen them I tell ya! They’ve been too kind for me to go around thinking they aren’t real, I’m starting to not regret putting that knife in Burt’s back. He was always so negative; yuck!

 

I was mowing my lawn earlier, with help from the angels of course (the black one specifically) and I saw a strange moving vehicle above me. It seemed to be a helicopter, but… There were no propellers on the thing. I forced my gaze away and back to the sun where I was happy and comforted by its searing light in my eyes. Oh the sun, what a great and wonderful thing to have above my house.


I hear word of another sun-like object people have been calling a “moon”, but you can’t believe everything everyone says these days, what with all the kids on meth and such. Though I can’t deny it, just the description of this so called “moon” thrills me to say the least. So much in fact that I think of it constantly; I even dream of it sometimes. Wow what a concept and theory, the “moon”.


I was taking my usual blood bath the other night when I heard a noise I didn’t recognize. It was the sound of my furniture being moved around downstairs; I haven’t moved anything in this house for years. So I dried off and casually slipped my nightgown on heading to the stairs, and that’s when I saw him. It was Burt, he’d come alive yet again and was back to his usual decade awakening of moving my furniture around. I yelled at him and told him to go back to his coffin, he wasn’t my husband anymore and he is not welcome here. I have the angels as company now, and they are way better housekeepers than he ever was.


Well, I suppose I’ll stop here. It’s a good place to stop, leaving my tomorrow self with plenty of questions and exciting new stories. Goodnight Me! Have sweet dreams; don’t forget to write about next week’s adventures this time. Remember to turn off the lava fridge and stop stepping on those darn nails sticking out of the floor! 

© 2014 Michael Thrower


Author's Note

Michael Thrower
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"the description of this so called “moon” thrills me to say the least. So much in fact that I think of it constantly; I even dream of it sometimes. Wow what a concept and theory, the “moon”."

Another wonderful write from your pen MIchael. Bravo.................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Hahaha thank you so much, it was a lot of fun writing this.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)....



Reviews

a super fun read, Michael. I like this story very much. brilliant. great sense of humour.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Imaginative story. Unusua but very much in a good way.

Taking a blood bath? Do we have a vampire in our midst? Or perhaps a denizen of hell, given the lamp of lava and the protruding nails?

Posted 9 Years Ago


This creative imaginative humourous piece is like none i've ever read before.. You write so differently, its commendable.. No ones gonna fail liking the dear old lady and all her amusing hallucinations.. Just just perfect.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The angels came to see me again today. (this is a minor redundancy, the fact that you call them the angels, it implies there's no surprise at their arrival, thus there no need for the word 'again')

I was making a pot of tea in (the kitchen, where else would you be making tea? 'I was making a pot of tea when I heard my door bell chime.)

I wasn’t expecting any guests this evening so it made me (slightly) nervous. (As) I opened the door, to my surprise, two very tall men stood; one of them (was) black, if that sweetens the deal. (So) I (openly) invited them inside for some tea and we talked of (much*) things (and more things such as stuff and bread.) These angels were becoming quite frequent (now), always wanting some of my orange milk! It made me furious, (I shook*) (shaking) my arms at them every time they pleaded.

( . . . .) omit

*Insert

(Though) I can’t deny it, just the description of this so called “moon” thrills me to say the least.

(So) I dried off and casual(ly)

Avoid adverbs especial(ly) ones

Interesting story, Michael. You manage to set the stage, and left the reader with numerous questions to be answered, I'd hope there's more to come. A few minor edits. I hope this helps.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Thank you and thank you for your time! Quite a few of the edits I wrote purposefully into the story .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
well, it was very unusual but strangely thats what made me like the story that much more. it was a very very well put together story :) good job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Thank you, thank you very much :)
I don't know if this is a continuation of a story already established, but I had fun reading it. Great imagination going on in there, Michael :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Lol nope, this is the first part of a possible on-going story :D Thank you very much
Alia ZJ.

9 Years Ago

Wow. Tell me there's more it! You're welcome. :)
Such a fantastic story, and perspective! I do love it you write out of Rosie's eye's. Everything is parallel connected in this one, there is a kind of two-mirrored world, dream that's so interesting. I do love how surreal this is, ha! it's just perfect. And that Burt is coming in to take a peek once in a while... Who can come up with "the lava fridge" -- but you? brilliant. I saw the furniture moving somehow upside down... (but that's my own imagination definitely) he he... keep on writing Michael.. I so enjoy reading you. :)

- Elisa

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Hahaha what a great review to read! Gah this made my day, and it made it even more that you enjoyed .. read more

9 Years Ago

Aw haha, thank yiu, and it's my honest pleasure... You are just a fantastic writer. :)

9 Years Ago

I meant * you, I'm on my phone, sorry....
"the description of this so called “moon” thrills me to say the least. So much in fact that I think of it constantly; I even dream of it sometimes. Wow what a concept and theory, the “moon”."

Another wonderful write from your pen MIchael. Bravo.................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Thrower

9 Years Ago

Hahaha thank you so much, it was a lot of fun writing this.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 21, 2014
Last Updated on July 21, 2014
Tags: dream, dreaming, sleep, nocturnal, poetry, tolkien, parallel, stars, moon, dark, night, sun, clouds, day, peace, funny, irish, poem, pipe, woman, lady, skirt, travel, realm, star, galaxy, space, earth

Author

Michael Thrower
Michael Thrower

Azeroth, GA



About
22 years old and a student at a community college. For now. I love reading and writing fantasy and fiction. I'm hoping that by using this site, I'll learn to become a better author and reader. If you .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..