Words

Words

A Poem by MichelleClay
"

I let you down

"

I watch salty tears stain the lines on the empty page

My pen hovers, desperate to write something to ease the pain

Instead it bleeds cold black ink, a few spots here and there to show I tried.

That I cared, but it was to little, that I loved but not as much as deserved.

If only love could be seen with the eye, like the words written on a page

At least then ‘sorry’ may actually mean something.

© 2011 MichelleClay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Painfully beautiful... you express so deeply the desire to communicate love clearly, and to be able to wash away the pain with heartfelt letters woven together from the fabric of the heart. If we all could see love "with the eye, like the words written on a page" how much more tender life would be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Honest and worthy piece, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Undoubtedly one of the best works I've read. As someone just said in the reviews, Painfully beautiful.
"My pen hovers, desperate to write something to ease the pain "
And I guess that's what writing is all about. A transient escape from reality, to ease the pain in our lives.
If only love could be seen with the eye. But it can't be. And yet, we yearn to.
It's amazing. Expresses your desire to love and forgive.
:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


MichelleClay

11 Years Ago

Thank you for such a detailed and amazingly positive review. You have made my day :)
Absolutely stunning. You do express these feelings and emotions well and that last line draws everything together. I do understand what this poem is trying to say and believe me, I think we have all been in this position at different times, no know the exact perfect thing to write or to say. The best thing always ends up being what we truly feel in our heart. You are a very talented poetress.

Posted 11 Years Ago


MichelleClay

11 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much! Such s kind review :)
but sometimes even if we see love with the eye, like the words on the page, it may be ink that has bled so much we can't understand what it is doing to us.

"sorry" is said so often...it just seems that there is so little behind it most of the time.

i really felt you in this...and i felt me in this...

one spot...."but it was too little"

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


Painfully beautiful... you express so deeply the desire to communicate love clearly, and to be able to wash away the pain with heartfelt letters woven together from the fabric of the heart. If we all could see love "with the eye, like the words written on a page" how much more tender life would be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful lyricsm. Love the line, that I lived but not as much as deserves. You need to keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


don't you remember? "love means never having to say you're sorry" beautifully expressed and delicate, i love this. and believe you me, i have many tear stained pages in my journals. i haven't tasted them, but they are undoubtedly salty. although i have always thought of the tears of love lost as bitter...

Posted 12 Years Ago


No shallow-thinker, you, Michelle. Communicating one's true feeling is often a challenge.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think i get it now! It makes sense. :0) And i am suffering with that problem as well.



Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1007 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

MichelleClay
MichelleClay

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
I have a story to tell. more..

Writing
A walk A walk

A Poem by MichelleClay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A walk A walk

A Poem by MichelleClay