It all Begins

It all Begins

A Chapter by Pyrokinflame

I’m Tim Carling. Just your average teenager. I get into fights with people I hardly even know, stay up until about 3AM playing video games on my X-Box, and get pretty terrible grades no matter how much effort I put into something.


Being sixteen is hard. You get so many more responsibilities than you could even bargain for, and the best job you can get is working at the local Mc Donalds for about £6 an hour. Yeah, jut an average boring life for an average boring teenager.


However, recently, I have been experiencing weird things. I’m not exactly sure what is happening, but I swear that I see things out of the corner of my eye. Before you say:

“Oh, but that’s perfectly normal.”

No it isn’t. At least not what I’ve been seeing. I see… People. But as I turn around, the person I see just vanishes. This could just be me over reacting, but I just have this terrible feeling that something is about to happen to me. Something which could possibly be life changing.


I get home from my usual day job, myself being an orphan, I have to work about twenty hours a week just to buy a decent amount of food each week. I got my X-Box due to some of my friends being generous enough to give me some extra cash. Honestly, I hate my job. It’s just so tedious, and you get so little for it. I guess it’s understandable because it’s an easy job, but still.


I plop my bag down on the floor, and get changed from my school clothes, into some less formal attire, such as my green t-shirt, and dark blue denim jeans. Normally I would just stay in my school clothes, however, me and a few of my friends are going drinking tonight, so I’m going to wear some clothes which I like, but I don’t mind getting a few wine stains on.


As I sit down to watch some TV, as I still have about three hours until we’re going out. I grab the remote and change the channel to some random documentary about whatever. I hate how there are never any good shows on after I get out of school. Oh well, this will just have to do I guess.


After about three hours of changing TV channels and finally finding something half way interesting to watch, I grab my wallet and my phone (a crappy old Nokia, but it does its job well so…)


I meet up with my friends Susan, Vincent, Darren and Fiona at the town centre. I call a taxi to pick us up and take us to the pub the next town over, as this town doesn’t have one. By the time the taxi gets to us it’s about seven o-clock.

The ride takes about half an hour, all of us taking random selfies. Fiona especially. By the time the ride was over, she had posted about nineteen photos (all with a filter added) on to Instagram. Most of them had captions like:

“Chillin’ with my homies.” Or “Night out with my mates #selfie #night #out” and a bunch of other hashtags added to the end. Fiona is obsessed with technology if you hadn’t already guessed. Despite her Instagram obsession however, she actually is a lot more intelligent than most of the people I go to school with. She’s currently trying to get a job in; you guessed it, photography.


Then we have Susan, Darren and Vincent. These three are mainly Fiona’s friends, except Vincent, he’s actually the only person apart from Fiona I actually like who is  currently with us. Darren and Susan are boyfriend and girlfriend. I haven’t got anything against them, but they seem kind of stupid. Not to offend them.

As we pull up at the pub, we realise that none of us have actually had anything to eat, so that’s most of our budget gone already on food. You’ll never guess who had to pay for that… That’s right, me.


After having our pub lunches which overall cost £40, already most of my budget gone, so now I can only afford about three beers. I sigh internally. Oh well, at least somebody will be sober enough to call for another taxi back.

After the others had thrown up nearly twenty six times altogether, me and Fio were the only sober ones left, I call for a taxi, we were lucky to even get one because it was nearly one AM and the taxi service was about to close. We all sit down in the cab, Susan is asleep and Vincent and Darren are having a drunken argument about something I couldn’t care less about. Fio is listening to music and is nearly drifting off.


Me? I’m just looking out of the window, watching the world go by.


That’s when I hear a loud crash. I pass out at that very moment, the world fading away before my very eyes…



© 2014 Pyrokinflame


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014


Author

Pyrokinflame
Pyrokinflame

Derbyshire, United Kingdom



About
Wow, it's been nearly two years since I last used this account. I am going to start posting a lot more often because honestly, some of my old works on here make me cringe, and my writing has improv.. more..

Writing