Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

A Chapter by Mickey

Chapter 1

 

I could feel the slight breeze through my hair. The fact that it was a rainy day in Arizona was good to us all. It has been hot the past couple of weeks. It’s the middle of October; shouldn’t it be cooling off by now? But you never know this may be the turn around. I calmly walked down the street feeling and hearing the wind make the loud blowing sound in my ear. I felt the slight trickle of rain fall down onto my head, then my arm, then my nose. I slowly treaded down the sidewalk feeling the rain gain strength rapidly. I watched the cars pass by, feeling the energy of the push a gust of air past me each time. I tuned everything out, I felt aligned with everything.


I then came back into focus seeing a car swerve out of place, making a ripple effect on each car. One car swerved side-ways and the other rammed straight into it. All the peacefulness of the moment rushed away at the speed of light. Out of the corner of my eye I see a little boy that can’t be over 8, crossing the street. A loud honk filled my ear as I whip around to see a semi’s breaks lock up, and it go sliding across the asphalt street. It took me about half a second to calculate where the semi was going to end up going. I dashed into the street, darting straight towards the kid. Once I was about 3 feet away from him I raised my hands up, and shoved his shoulders harshly out of the semi’s trajectory.


I see the kid slide back almost to the curb. He was safe, and that is all that matters. I felt a dim feeling in the pit of my stomach. I turned my head slowly to see the semi straight towards me. I put my hands up to shield myself which I knew in my head would do no good. I was done for. The semi slammed into me. I didn’t feel a thing. I opened my eyes to see the dark clouds one last time. This moment; this moment right now, I wished would have lasted forever. I closed my eyes once again. I felt my body slam against the pavement. Everything went dimmer then it already was. I felt empty, almost as if I was nothing, but I still was.


The blackness got lighter, that turned into a dark gray, that turned into a dark white, that turned into a cream white. I felt myself float. I looked around to see nothing but white. I looked up to see gold dust floating down on me, a good heap fell into my eyes. As I rubbed ferociously trying to protect my eyes from whatever it was. I opened my eyes to see a bright light flashed into them. The light went from one side to the other. I flickered my eyes a bit, everything came back into focus, the droned out sound came back.


“He’s coming back” was all I could hear, a man kept repeating it. I could feel my stiff body come back into place with my mind. I then just realized I had died, but came back… 



© 2010 Mickey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
Added on October 21, 2010
Last Updated on October 21, 2010