The Blue Eyed Child: Sacrifices and Gifts (4)

The Blue Eyed Child: Sacrifices and Gifts (4)

A Screenplay by Midnight's Mistress

G: No . . . He did not . . . It was because of that- *stops abruptly. Starts to half-run up the stairs*

N: Lord Gabriel! *running up stairs after you, trips on my dress and falls. Gets up* Okay, solving the dress problem. *pulls a knife out of my sock, cuts about an inch off of dress, and follows him again. A cut is on my cheek, lightly bleeding*

G: *dashes into the study, slamming the door behind him*

N: *nearly running into the door, stops just short. Tries to open the door*

G: *some drawers heard opening and closing quickly and loudly* What do you want?

N: *stops* I . . . I want to tell you that you are nothing like your father. You don't hurt people because you are mad at others *pulls her sleeve up, showing scars from where she had been cut multiple times*

G: Child, you know not of what you speak! *doors and cabinets are heard being slammed*

N: *worried he is hurting himself, or planning to, tries to open the door again. Locked. Gets out knife again and picks the lock. Hearing a click, opens the door*

G: *runs into the grand master bedroom, closing and locking the door. Places a chair beneath the handle to ensure closure*

N: *pulls at the doorhandle hard* Please, let me in.

G: Child, you know not what you are asking! *another door is heard slamming*

N: *yelling* I know that I am asking you not to keep things from me!

G: Which is a very bad idea, child! *a door slams definetly*

N: *stops pulling on door. Quietly* Please?

G: *pause from inside, then a loud click is heard* Come in if you truly have no fear . . .

N: *opens the door, only scared to see Gabriel hurt*

G: *he stands alone in his chambers. The vaulted ceiling is adorned with images of destruction. The walls  are red and black marble. The large bedding is a brilliant white and gold. The room is noticably empty. Gabriel stands next to his bedstand, his face hard, and in his hands, a book*

N: *looks around room, taking an extra look at the ceiling. Then, looks at Gabriel* Lord Gabriel?

G: Oiu, Madame?

N: What is this place?

G: You are in my personal chambers.

N: Why is it so . . .

G: Morbid? *heaving sigh* There is much you don't know of me yet, child.

N: Then tell me *looks on dresser and sees a statue of Hades* Please.

G: It is a very long story, young one.

N: *finds a chair with carvings of the Titans on it, taking a seat* I have time to listen.

G: But do you have the mind . . .

N: *nods, not scared. Yet*

G: *notices hesitation* I detect fear.

N: No, none, M'Lord.

G: Hmmm . . . *turns away* Listen to my words, so that you may learn.

N: *nods* Yes, M'Lord.

G: My father was a cruel man. Unprincipled and ruthless. He was a very bad man.

N: I know of this from personaly experience *lifts her sleeve up, showing the scars*

G: *inhales sharply* He was very inhumane

N: *covering scars* How so?

G: He . . . *turns away*

N: *patiently silent*

G: *turns back* He did things that no sane person should have.

N: *confused* What did he do?

G: Something I will now have to live with for the rest of my life . . .

N: What did-*remembering earlier, quickly becomes silent*

G: You stopped. Finish your question, Child.

N: *shakes head* You told me not to ask another question of you this evening, M'Lord.

G: *looks at the now setting sun* Well then. Now would be perfect.

N: *nods, but still hesitant* What . . . What did he do that was so bad?

G: Other than scar you physically and mentally?

N: That isn't too bad . . .

G: *thinks carefully of his words* With my mother, they attempted to bare a child. But their many attempts failed.

N: *confused* But, you are here . . . 

G: *looks at her, pain in his eyes*

N: *stands, feeling like she missed something. Places a hand on Gabriel's shoulder*

G: *shrugs her off* Sit.

N: *sits back down*

G: *looking out the window once more* Finally, they bore a child. But, not without a price . . .

N: *thinking she knows* Your mother?

G: Not quite . . .

N: Then what?

G: My father had a black heart . . . and the daemon god, Hades, knew this . . .

N: *stares at Gabriel, not sure what he is saying*

G: Hades came to my father in the middle of the night in the form of an owl, promising him a heir for the cost of two souls. My mother's, and . . .

N: *barely above a whisper* Yours . . .

G: I am the soulless heir to a devil's throne.

N: *stands, trembling in fear* No, No, I do not believe you lack a soul.

G: *grabs a knife from his bedstand* You think not? Well look and see! *pulls the knife quickly across his wrist. Nothing happens*

N: *in disbelief* No. NO! *shakes head quickly* Any person can cut themselves, a soulless person would hurt another . . .

G: The blood that runs through my veins doesn't, because there is none! I have no blood. No SOUL!  *throws the knife out the window, shattering the glass*

N: *gasps, stepping back against the wall. Trying not to sound scared* Then do something soulless to me, for I am just an orphaned handmaiden.

G: Ever noticed my prayers to Hades, MY Lord? They do not go unnoticed.

N: *steps towards Gabriel so she is in between him and the statue on the dresser* Then neither should mine. *turns to the statue, getting on knees, and bends head down* Hades, God of Death! Listen to my Prayer!

G: Do silent, woman! *violently tosses the statue across the room* Do you wish to see the power of the soulless? *stares coldly at the moon*

N: *unfazed* Hades, please listen! I . . . I am willing to trade souls with Lord Gabriel.

G: There is no soul to trade! *picks her up and holds her close to him* Come with me. *sprints to the balcony, jumping over the edge, landing hard on the ground below. He runs into the forest, swerving between the trees*

N: *calmly* If there is no soul to trade, then I shall give.

G: You shall do no such thing . . . *continues calmly, bounding above the forest. The moonlight shines on the meadow before them* Our destination.

N: *carefully climbs down, wincing as left foot hits the ground* Why can't I give you my soul?

G: What ails you, mistress?

N: *tries to walk on foot and inhales sharply* I think I broke my ankle. When you jumped off the balcony, 
my foot hit the edge. But it doesn't matter, why are we here?

G: It matters a great lot. *outstretches arms. Earten clay rises up and forms a cast around the sandaled foot*

N: *gasps and feels cast to make sure it is real* Thank you, M'Lord, but why are we here?

G: So that you may learn te power of the son of a god. *as the moonlight touches the man's foot, the earth begins to tremble and quake. The clouds roll with thunder and lightning strikes around him* Meet Gabriel, the Left Hand of God!

N:*falls to the ground from all the shaking. Winces in pain, staring at Gabriel in Awe* No . . .

G: Accept me. Fear me. It is who I am. *all things stop, including time* I am as close to Immortals anyone can get. But there is a chance . . .

N: *gets on knees* I do not fear you, but hold great respect for someone who has these gifts *bows low while still on knees* But, Powerful Lord, what is there a chance of?

G: Gifts you say? Only when used properly *a ray of light lines on the two* There is a chance of redemption.

N: *looks up* Why should you have to redeem your father's action? *without fear or hesitation* It should be Hades who should redeem himself to what he did to you.

G: Silence! *thunder crashes* Do not speak of him in such a manor. Strong as I am, I cannot catch the souls of man.

N: *flinches at thunder and nods* Yes, Lord Gabriel *stands slowly* How can you redeem yourself?

G: *waves arm and time reclaims it's hold* That, my child, is a story for another day.

N: But - *remembering what happened in the chamber earlier, nods* Of course *walks over towards Gabriel* But as I said before, you are nothing like your father. You have a heart.

G: I have a heart, yes. A dried up, shriveled casing. *walks over to the nearest tree and leans against it*

N: *puts head on his chest and closes eyes* I hear a heartbeat, so it is not dried up. It is in use. *smiles*

G: Carrying the gases of the underworld. *carefully wraps his arms around her*

N: And the affections of those who are now in a warm room with actual beds. *copies Gabriel, looking up*

G: *evaporates into air, reappearing behind to catch her. When Naomi catches her balance, he jumps backwards across the field* My blood and my body are nothing.

N: *turns and faces him* They aren't to me *walks towards you* Just because you were born without a soul does not mean you are worthless.

G: It means I am nothing *evaporates again, reappearing in the igh branch of a nearby tree* In every sense of the word.

N: *turns to faces you again* You are something. You are Lord Gabriel, MY Lord in every sense of the word. You are the man who cares for those who matter not to many *face grows stern* And shall have a soul.

G: I shall have no such thing. I am the Left Hand of God *scoffs* And don't even THINK about giving me yours. You need it too, you know.

N: *smiles slightly* A child of a God should have a soul as oppose to someone who has served their entire life. My life means nothing. Handmaidens are easy to find.

G: Not the quality ones *launches himself into the form of an owl, he flew behind her by ten yards regaining his human form*

N: None the less, you have a purpose in this world. I am here to serve, something I can do in both worlds *walks over and takes his hand. Starts chanting in Greek*

G: Such faith. What do you cant now, woman?

N: *continues chanting. A blue light glows in her hand and starts to move to his. Her hands starts shaking from exhaustion and grips his hand tighter*

G: Woman . . . What are you doing? *holds her up, fear stricken*

N: *blue almost gone from her hand, smiles* Enjoy . . . *all the blue makes one last surge through Gabriel's body, Naomi passing out in his arms*

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2012
Tags: Greek Gods, Handmaidens, Lords, Love