The Blue Eyed Child: Family Reunion (5)

The Blue Eyed Child: Family Reunion (5)

A Screenplay by Midnight's Mistress

N: *blue almost gone from her hand, smiles* Enjoy . . . *all the blue makes one last surge through Gabriel's body. Naomi passes out in his arms*

G: No . . . No! NO! *swears an oath under his breath* Damn you, woman *gently places the woman's lifeless body on the ground under a tree. Weakly and quietly* . . . Charon . . . *the cut from earlier begins to bleed*

*no boat comes, but a woman's voice rings out* Child, did you even check for a pulse?

G: *bends down, pressing his finger against her neck. Slight thuds are felt* You stubborn little . . . *sighs as the female voice is heard ringing through the forest*

Charon is not needed. Not today. Look at her fingers.

*Naomi's fingers have bits of blue on them*

She shall live.

G: *picks up her trembling body, chilled from exhaustion and the biting cold. As fast as he could, he ran back to the castle*

*a wolf howl is heard off in the distance. The moonlight lands on them as he runs*

G: *he approaches the castle entrance, opening the large doors quickly. He dashes up the marble stairs to his study*

N: *unconscious, cold as ice*

G: *lays Naomi gently on the large mattress, stripping her of her dress. He then quickly covers her up with the blanket, averting gaze from her* Gods, have mercy . . .

*a vile, cold wind emerges from the window behind him*

G: Hades . . .

*all candles are blown out, replaces with a purple flame. Standing on the other side of the bed from Gabriel is Hades, Lord of the Underworld*

Hades: Hello, Son. It is . . . Good to see you. *reaches his hand out across the bed, his boney fingers gleaming off the candlelight*

G: *pushing the hand back, trying not to taint Naomi* Spare me the petty conversations. What do you want?

H: *looks down at Naomi, smiling cruelly* I want her. *reaches a hand to touch Naomi's forehead*

G: Hold on. *takes Hades' wrist before he can touch her* Why do you want her?

H: Because, she would be a good Handmaiden for Persophone, and would keep me company while she was gone. *wicked grin*

G: *releases Hades' wrist* I have a better idea.

H: *eyebrows raise* Oh?

G: This woman is blessed by Artemis, and has supplied me with a supplemental soul. I would hate to think of Artemis' rage and Zeus' . . . Take mine, I'm no good to you, anyways.

H: *looks at Gabriel and chuckles* Me, take my own son's mortality? Never. I want her

*both look down at Naomi, who has stopped shaking and is now asleep, color growing back into her*

H: Although, you do have a point, Artemis would not be pleased . . . I will just wait until she has fully passed. Which, judging her by her actions since you took her in, should be soon. *walks back to the window, looking away from Gabriel* Goodbye to you, Son. Enjoy the soul . . . *looks back and smiles wickedly* And the woman. *the wind returns, and Hades is gone in a blink. The candles die out, then go back to their orange flames*

G: *running to the window* Hades! Get back here! We're not done yet!

*momentary silence*

N: *barely above a whisper* Lord . . . Gabriel . . . ?

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


Author's Note

Midnight's Mistress
(Sorry the Scene is so short)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on March 30, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012
Tags: Greek Gods, Handmaidens, Lords, Love