Final Dash

Final Dash

A Story by Mifa
"

"She looked stunning as she flung her hair backwards in a movie star-like fashion, the wind rushing at the softness of each strand with ferocious gusto"

"

She looked stunning as she flung her hair backwards in a movie star-like fashion, the wind rushing at the softness of each strand with ferocious gusto. He was enthralled, his eyes holding an affectionate look of awe. She smiled innocently turning her head to look at him. Her smile was perfect and almost immediately, it metamorphosed into a wide grin with the whiteness of her teeth in full display. He returned the gesture with a grin that felt slightly awkward and pretentious, forcing him to quickly let it fizzle into a piquant smirk.

 

She waved --or something-- Marvin wasn’t sure. He was too busy trying to wriggle his way past the sea of students that flooded the hallway at break time; his eyes having caught the moving figure of a red-headed Anthony at the far end of the hall. His shoulder brushed hard by one of the student --a male dude with dreadlocks and a Halloween like pirate eye patch covering his left eye. The fellow went into a fit but Marvin was already a safe distance off and was unable to have heard distinctly, any of the barraging insult that were thrown at him. He pushed and shoved past more students and their frustrated rants, his feet stepping on some as he tried his best to maneuver the crowd.

 

Marvin raised his head and his eyes fell on an oblivious Anthony strutting towards her. He increased his pace and soon found a path close to the lockers that seemed relatively free, except for a handful of students. Once more he looked up to find Anthony, who was now just a few yards away from her. He gasped in shock and without a moment’s thought dashed down the locker path, bumping into a few of the students and avoiding fewer. His heart racing faster as he bumped into one other student, a girl this time, with a pile of textbooks and a hamburger in her mouth.

 

She cursed at him with seething rage, picking up her textbooks but complaining more about the squashed hamburger smeared all over the floor than the books. He was going to say something to apologize, but found himself moving away from her as soon as his eyes met with Anthony’s. The incident had caught the latter’s attention, unbeknownst to Marvin.

 

Anthony had a mischievous smile on his face that forced a virulent scowl on Marvin’s face. And just as their eyes met, he pulled out a piece of paper from the front pocket of his blue jean and dangled it to the glowering view of Marvin. His blood boiled inside of him as the scowl on his face caused him to perspire uncontrollably. He gritted his teeth as he watched Anthony smile menacingly and point forward rather inconspicuously. His eyes followed the finger, tracing the direction and finally falling on her.

 

He gasped. He wasn’t ready for her to know just how he felt and that note said everything and more. He had to get to her but…

 

She was walking towards Anthony with a smile on her face; a smile much similar to the one she had given him seconds earlier. Taking in a very deep breath, he got ready for one final dash…

 

…But he never moved an inch. Anthony had already gotten to her and handed her the note, giving him a thumbs up. He ignored Anthony with impunity, his eyes staying on her, watching, as her head was bent down and she perused the contents of his scribbled infatuated ruminations. She raised her head from the note and turned to look for him in the sea of students. Her eyes found his. 

© 2016 Mifa


Author's Note

Mifa
This is just something I came up with on the side.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 3, 2016
Tags: dash, note, feeling, romance, beauty, infatuation

Author

Mifa
Mifa

Lagos, South West, Nigeria



About
Ever since discovering the incomprehensible powers of writing, I have become a slave to its every command. It’s cliché to say I love writing on a platform created for writers but F**k it,.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by Mifa


Writer's Block Writer's Block

A Poem by Mifa


The First The First

A Chapter by Mifa