Summer: The time of absolute freedom.

Summer: The time of absolute freedom.

A Story by Mighty Pen
"

Personal childhood experience of summer season.

"


Summer is my favorite season. Indian summer is the season of sweet fruits, melodious bird songs, sweet smelling flowers, chattering insects and many more. I love season of summer the most. Not that I don’t like other seasons but summer is my all time darling season. In my opinion this is the time of experiencing utter freedom and awesome bounties of Almighty Allah (glory be upon him). This is the occasion of year when nature reaches its utmost splendor. Everything in nature wants to bloom itself to please others, to attract others’ special attraction by exposing their tempting sweet smells, rainbow colors, ear pleasing sounds, wonderful shapes, smooth textures, mouth-watering tastes and so on and on and on. It seems that Allah decorate everything in such a fashion that may be His servants can find rest and praise their Lord in the midst of hot and unbearable hot weather. I tried my hard to collect them and store them to revive my pleasures whenever I need them, but they vanished leaving behind only a tale of sweet memories and souvenir. You can only experience the magnificence of nature, you can’t store them as nobody has got copyright to store the beauty of Allah’s tremendous creations. It is He, Allah who bestow on us his calm and sweet mercy every time, twenty-four seven.

I, as an Indian, am the greatest fan of Indian summer. Indian summer is by itself is very hot and full of hot storms and itching sweats. But whenever Allah puts trials on his servants indeed his mercy follows them immediately. Indian summer is full of treasures in it. Its day starts with superb dawn scenario and its night ends with gorgeous sky full of stars.
“Verily, With Hardship Comes Ease” Quran 94:5

 

Its typical morning starts with first calm ray of sunlight, melodious songs of Indian Koel, sweet smell of Chameli flowers, naughty chattering of crows and lots more. Male Koel sings to attract his female. I can recall my childhood, when I with my siblings and a special friend got up early in the morning, pickup Chameli flowers from my garden and put them in water pot. Chameli flowers are my favorite flowers, they have got such a sweet smell which stay fresh and spread their sweet smell all day long. Sweet smell of Chameli flowers and melodious songs of Koel provide a great courage to face the long hot day ahead.

“O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allâh), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become the pious. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allâh (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshiped).” Quran 2: 21-22

 

Its typical noon starts with a wonderful splash of cold water and delightful drink of Mango shake and lemonade. Mangoes are specialty of Indian sub continent, its hundreds of variety provides diversity of taste and texture to the Indian tongues. It is the time when each and every school and college around the country announce summer holidays, the most awaited time of students’ life. Most of children prefer visiting their grand parents in village, to refresh their minds, tired and exhausted of recently ended final exams. I can remember my summer holidays as well; I with my mom and siblings visit my grand mom in village. What the days were those, hanging all day long on the trees of vast garden of hundreds of mango trees and litchi trees, Litchi is yet another sweet fruit, a specialty of Indian summer. Yes, I was telling my childhood memory at my grandma’s, hanging all day long in trees, playing with siblings, maternal and paternal cousins and seasonal friends, watching cartoon movies, chatting with friend, eating tangy raw mangoes, chasing ice-cream hawkers, skipping lunch while playing and getting mom’s spanks, catching butterflies and dragonflies and lots more which can’t be explained in this limited space.

“Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?” Quran 55:13

 
 
Its typical evening starts with a loud outcry calling friends to play outdoor games. I can remember that, the most dazzling scene of my life, when vast flock of thousands of house sparrows presented remarkable sky dance, a sudden right move instantly followed by the left move, sometimes up in the sky and some times almost touching the earth. This was the time when not less than millions and billions of birds of thousands of species present their extremely melodious song shows, amazing indeed. When glazing rainbow colors of butterflies and their playful chase presents the eye catching scenario. It’s the time when sweetness of watermelon gets doubled and tripled.
Its typical night is full of ear pleasing chattering and ratting of crickets and other insects, wonderful dance of fireflies when they on and off their lights by fluttering their wings. I can remember that old tree in the back of my backyard without a single leaf on it, glowed in the moon night with millions of fireflies sitting on it like sky glowed with billions and trillions of stars on it. How can anybody forget the outdoor camping, bonfire, gazing sky full of stars and lots more?

“Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying, etc.). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favors on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.” Quran 2:152

Although much of them pleases me, but at the same time something about summer also annoys me, personally. I hate the most, putting air conditioner on in summer days; it turns the room into prison for me. I like feeling warm breeze on my face coming from slightly opened window, amazing. I hate waking up late in morning and missing the wonderful sense of sunrise. I like feeling that cool breeze in early dawn, amazing. I hate wasting precious day sleeping whole day long. And yes although it’s gone, but I used to hate opening of my school after long relaxing holidays.

I am extremely thank full to my Lord, Allah, Lord of immense mercies for his creations, that he made me human to experience these wonders, and making me Muslim to present him appreciation and gratitude. Verily, when Allah puts his creation in trial his mercy immediately follows it.
“And your God is One God (Allâh), there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water (rain) which Allâh sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed proofs (evidences, signs, etc.) for people of understanding. And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allâh as rivals (to Allâh). They love them as they love Allâh. But those who believe, love Allâh more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allâh and that Allâh is Severe in punishment.” Quran 2:163-165
And Allah knows the best.

© 2011 Mighty Pen


Author's Note

Mighty Pen
check grammar and style of writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is wonderful and powerful storytelling. The story took me to personal thoughts and lesson. I like the use of the verses. The story is worthwhile and need to be read by more people. Thank you for sharing the powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

assalamualaikum...
this is a beautiful article which describes the mercy of Allah.
our Lord expects us to appreciate every thing he created, be it a scorching summer season or be it rain( when Allah is most happy, he showers rain)...
I like your writing style, which is convincing and powerful
Absolutely flawless!!
It was worth reading and pondering!
Alhamdulillah, Lord made us Muslims.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tazeen Ahmed

7 Years Ago

I hope someone's operating this account
This is wonderful and powerful storytelling. The story took me to personal thoughts and lesson. I like the use of the verses. The story is worthwhile and need to be read by more people. Thank you for sharing the powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011
Tags: India, Summer

Author

Mighty Pen
Mighty Pen

India



About
I have an obsession for creative writing in English. I am an amateur enthusiast of Psychology. I have a PG degree in International Business Operation and currently working on my graduation in Islamic .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Always Always

A Poem by Giulia King