Music

Music

A Poem by Faith
"

I sing my feelings

"
The only way I know that never fails to gain respect for my feelings.
Not a look, although it may be so full of love that you have to turn away and pretend you didn't see.
Not words, that come freely and unstoppable like the tide, but that wake fear of their meaning, embarrassment of their frankness.
Not a touch, even gentle and innocent, because anything so full of passion and tenderness calls up the need to run, to refuse, to hate.
No, the only thing that really speaks the truth, that doesn't break your boundaries but passes over them, through them, to the heart of who you are, where anyone can understand the emotion of anyone else, is music.
And so I sing. Every time, with all the passion I can possibly release into my song without destroying the vessel- for that is what I am, it seems, when I sing: a vessel, simply a container for all the emotion I've ever felt, and I can feel the cracks, at times, feel the pressure of everything that needs to be said pushing at the seams of me. And I say it there, and then, because song is one place where no passion is too much, no feeling too intense, no look too tender, no word too honest. That is why music is my home. Because I have no other home that will take me exactly as I am.

© 2012 Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on November 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 14, 2012
Tags: singing, music, passion, love, fear, misunderstood, lesbian

Author

Faith
Faith

About
I am an intensely passionate person. I have always been obsessed with communicating, expressing, and exploring through words, art, and music. more..

Writing
Contact Contact

A Poem by Faith


Story Story

A Poem by Faith