Chp 1 -- Confession

Chp 1 -- Confession

A Chapter by Rain
"

Who's the mystery girl?

"

Hellen Mulligan.

Age 14.

Average looks, average height, below average body.

Personality; shy, quiet, soft and like a child.

Tilted head, fiddling of fingers; first love confession.

Past relationships; none.

Overall rating; 3 out of 10.

 

These thoughts were all running through my bored mind as I waited for 3 words. It was the start of lunch and already, there was a confession. Of course, being the shy type, Helen's 4 or so friends had dragged her to me, then ditched her and watched from afar, leaving the girl utterly stunned. And finally, the words.

 

"I-I like you." Helen stuttered quietly.

 

And let Rejection Number 29 commence. I leant in so that my mouth was in line with Helen's ear and whispered to her in a low voice.

 

"I can't play with cute girls."

 

I could almost feel the heat of her blush against my cheek. Smirking to myself, I straightened and walked slowly towards the basketball courts. There were more words to come.

 

"J-Jordan!"

 

I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder and flashed a smile.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Um, I'll see you in class!" she said, waved quickly, then ran to her friends.

 

Rejection Number 29, a success. It was only a failed rejection if the girl cried or something. So far, only 1 failure. I smiled to myself in triumph as I made my way to the basketball courts, where a heated match was being played. The semi-finals were up ahead, so our team hogged the courts every break for practice.

 

"Hey Jordan," Daniel greeted as soon as I had closed the gates, "How'd it go?"

"Like always," I replied while walking towards him, "Number 29 is a success."

 

Daniel was a childhood friend, and somehow he had managed to follow me all the way to highschool. He had the same messy blonde hair from when we were kids and his blue eyes were rare to see as he slept whenever he had time to.

 

"So you want to join the game?" he asked, roughly throwing the basketball at me.

 

I nodded towards the entrance to the basketball courts. A girl wearing black framed glasses was standing there, looking intently in my direction.

 

"There's one more," I replied, throwing the basketball back.

 

"You know, she could be looking at me."

"Not a chance."

 

As I approched her I could make out large almond shaped eyes beneath the black framed glasses.

 

Name; I have no idea...

Average height, okay body, average looks.

No fidgeting, looks determined, this is not her first love confession.

Personality; strong willed

Past relationships; most likely none because of attitude problem.

Overall Rating; 4 out of 10

 

I sighed inwardly. Begin, Rejection Number 30. Of course, need to use a different rejection method than the last one. I closed the gate behind me, and walked towards the nameless girl with a small smile. Before I could even open my mouth, something with extraodinary force met with my face. A hand. No, a fist. No...a girl's fist. The girl's fist. The girl freaking punched me.

 

The girl. Freaking. Punched me.

 

 

 



© 2011 Rain


Author's Note

Rain
review please ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my God! I loved this so much it was so funny and relatable and Jordan is such a unique character. I really enjoyed reading this please write more :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh my gosh i smiled so much at the ending. THAT WAS AWSOME:D haha I cant wait to read more. This was very well written by the way!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That. Was. Epic.
Some more description of the setting and characters would be nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


uh... wow.

This has real potential. A little more detail would be nice but the story is nice. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is awesome. You write very good. I hope to read some more of your writing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
LOVED the end. I can't wait to read more. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this ^.^ hahaha you have a fair chance in my contest. No promises though(: You definitely need to write more and SOON. I NEED to find out what happensXD

~Kitty

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011
Tags: love, fiction, romance


Author

Rain
Rain

Australia



About
Name: Rain --inactive as of 7/7-- -- Read Requests are now CLOSED -- *If you want me to review a book, if I enjoy it, i'll review the whole thing, if I don't I'll gladly review the 1st chapter. :.. more..

Writing
Chp 2 -- Names Chp 2 -- Names

A Chapter by Rain


Impurities Impurities

A Poem by Rain