Part Four

Part Four

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle

Part Four


A month later Fay was in for a bi annual check up.

Her Doctors called it a "Fine tune up."

She visited neurologist, cardiologist, orthopedist, and so many more.

And then there were the test. She hated them the most.

Blood work, EEG, EKG, and all the rest. It was an all day thing, moving from this place to that.

The Final Report; Fay was perfect, perfect except for one thing, her heart. Fay was in love, a topic she would speak to her therapist about later.


In the end, however, and when all was done, she went home feeling strangely recharged. It was one of the mysteries she couldn't figure out. She should have been exhausted.


That wasn't the only odd thing she had been noticing of late. Fay had been having strange dreams.

Late at night she transported back in time to the accident.

She saw her mother and father leading her by the hand into a bright light.


Driven by her curiosity, she read countless stories of near death experiences. She hoped she might find a connection between her dreams and the accounts of others.


Most mentioned being led into a bright light, but during the last few minutes the individual was turned away and returned to the living.

Her story was different.

She was lead into, and through the light, and then darkness. She had no recollection of ever returning.

"It was odd," she thought.

She spoke to the therapist, but got little help.

"You're simply experiencing a traumatic side affect. It's normal under the circumstances," she told her.

Fay didn't think so.

She began questioning other things about her recovery too. Things like,

why is there no scaring, no bruised marks, no signs she had been in an accident?


It made no sense that, in an accident that had taken both her parents, why she had escaped perfect?


What had the attending Paramedic seen that caused him to say,

"You shouldn't be here."?

Did he really see the things he described to her?

"Why shouldn't she be here?" she wondered.

Her mind was in a fog. She had more questions than answers.

"Am I really here?" she questioned, "or is this some sort of strange dream?"


Returning home, she was met by Art.

He dropped by to see how things had gone.


"I'm perfect."




© 2021 M.E.Lyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on May 17, 2021
Last Updated on May 17, 2021


Author

M.E.Lyle
M.E.Lyle

Wills Point, TX



About
So now I am 34 plus 40. Use the old math...it's easier. I'm an old guy who writes silly stories containing much too much dialogue. I can't help it, I just get stuck. I ride my bike trainer, our r.. more..

Writing
Meeting Kelli Meeting Kelli

A Story by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Hunter Sam Stone Hunter

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Fleora Sam Stone Fleora

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle