A Celestial Infinity

A Celestial Infinity

A Story by Mila
"

One story after another, we weave the tale of time, space, and existence.

"

A Celestial Infinity


 

She closed her eyes that night and smiled as sleep slowly took over. It never took long. In fact, it was always there, welcoming her like a long lost friend.

 

She opened her eyes and looked up to the stars. Something shot across the heavens and she thought she missed it at first. She counted the stars, one after the other, and blinked to see it flash before her eyes once again. She closed her eyes to wish…

 

Eyes open once more, she stood facing a singular point in the night sky. Polaris shone with a beautiful magnificence, the centerpiece in the sky that directed every sailor home during a terrible storm. She slowly felt as though she was falling through time and space, and a sprinkling of glittering dust coasted over her body, allowing her to take wing and fly.

 

The Heavenly Waters stood waiting for her in the globe. Carina morphed into the shape of the infamous Argo, and the story of Jason and the Argonauts spun celestial threads through her mind. She was still flying, the canvas of the heavens spinning around her like a never ending pattern.

 

Constellations turned into spider webs. The vain Cassiopeia. The summer Libra. The winged Pegasus. Each held their own story, told their own intricate tales. They spoke of dreams and a world beyond the stars, a land of time, space, and possibilities that challenged the imagination.

 

She closed her eyes and opened them to be greeted by the stunning Cosmic Web. She felt the weight of it straining on her mind, as if one end was tugging her back to reality while the other demanded she remain staring into the impossible void of glittering stars. There were no more constellations to tell stories here, no, here the stories that were told came from tiny worlds between other tiny worlds. Millions upon millions of small stories all morphing together to create the story of Everything. All things born of emptiness to form bright lights in the sky… the same sky that would greet her when she…

 

Opened her eyes again.

 

The sun was shining outside now, the hours of night and sleep had long since passed. But beyond the brilliant light of the golden sun lay those same stories. But it was morning now, and that was her destination. It was the purpose of those stories: to make it to the next day, a brand new realm of possibilities. But time was beyond one’s capacity to grasp, and could never be measured simply by the passing of hours… and with that thought, those stories were, in fact, infinite.

 

She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes once more. Perhaps it was her imagination, but Polaris lay blinking in the distance… the northern star ever waiting to guide her home through the storm.

© 2015 Mila


Author's Note

Mila
I honestly don't know where this came from, usually there's a story behind my stories... but not this time! I blame the Smirnoff... XD

Reviews=motivation! Let me know how you liked it!

-Mila

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a fascinating piece. Seeing I'm a Libra and like the mythical creatures the pegasus I enjoyed the part where you mentioned them telling stories lol. The journey till morning, if I understood it correctly it was a dream before the character waking up. I would love to have a dream like that. I enjoyed this tale Sincerely Malister MIkey.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
Malister Mikey

8 Years Ago

your welcome



Reviews

What a trans what a trans girl! I can blame that Smirnoff any day or be envy because it doesn't affect me the same. It's such an adventure through her eyes. It kinda gives me an idea to write about. By the way I saw your Hena work and "Damn Daniel! Back at it again with them art skills!" The colors are amazing great job! I love writing that has to do with spatial or celestial things as topic. If you ever happen to read my work I would love to have a review on "Romance of Sun and Moon" which is a Hindu look at Astronomy, "Stars at Night/Stars at day" which is more child like view of Astronomy or "Reflections" that one can speak for itself, its a more philosophical view on Astronomy. Let me know. And bring me some more Astronomy Writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I enjoyed this, but I have to wonder why she closed her eyes again? Why listen to the stories told by the stars, when she could wake up in the morning and create those stories that would be woven into the cosmic web? Have you written a second one of these? Perhaps an idea of what stories are woven when the sun is out, and the stars are obscured. The stories of clouds and the earth around her?

I like the style, though, and look forward to reading more!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Loving stories related to the cosmos. A beautiful journey. I have been a way from this site for far too long, missing out on reads like this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you! I've not been on this site in a while, currently navigating the Wattpad waters. It's nice.. read more
totally beautiful,the poem,the imagery.great !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
 wordman

8 Years Ago

you`re welcome ..
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tks
I really enjoyed the magical trip into the world your words painted. The surrealism of it all, together with the reference to Polaris continuously, just makes this piece feel like a bed time story for me. Here's to more smirnoff!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Love it! This is so magical, it's a portal into a dream. Great write!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
Very beautifully crafted and just when the flow of the words seems to blur the sharp break brings your readers focus snapping back. A lot of questions left unanswered but that's no bad thing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thanks!! :)
Very interesting writing here and solid prose. It left me wanting more after the end.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!
This is a great piece. Recalling all the epic stories of the constellations in a short piece like this I felt was brilliant and blended well with the theme of time, making it seem more surreal and dream like. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :):)
So very lovely

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1576 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 23, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015
Tags: dream, time, space, stars, fantasy

Author

Mila
Mila

St. Louis , MO



About
ALL WINNERS FROM MY CONTESTS WILL HAVE THIER WORKS FEATURED ON MY WATTPAD ANTHOLOGY WITH FULL CREDIT GIVEN TO THEM! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WELL BEFORE HAND IF YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO FEATURE YOUR WORK! A.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Story by Mila


Liar Liar

A Story by Mila



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robert