A Celestial Infinity

A Celestial Infinity

A Story by Mila
"

One story after another, we weave the tale of time, space, and existence.

"

A Celestial Infinity


 

She closed her eyes that night and smiled as sleep slowly took over. It never took long. In fact, it was always there, welcoming her like a long lost friend.

 

She opened her eyes and looked up to the stars. Something shot across the heavens and she thought she missed it at first. She counted the stars, one after the other, and blinked to see it flash before her eyes once again. She closed her eyes to wish…

 

Eyes open once more, she stood facing a singular point in the night sky. Polaris shone with a beautiful magnificence, the centerpiece in the sky that directed every sailor home during a terrible storm. She slowly felt as though she was falling through time and space, and a sprinkling of glittering dust coasted over her body, allowing her to take wing and fly.

 

The Heavenly Waters stood waiting for her in the globe. Carina morphed into the shape of the infamous Argo, and the story of Jason and the Argonauts spun celestial threads through her mind. She was still flying, the canvas of the heavens spinning around her like a never ending pattern.

 

Constellations turned into spider webs. The vain Cassiopeia. The summer Libra. The winged Pegasus. Each held their own story, told their own intricate tales. They spoke of dreams and a world beyond the stars, a land of time, space, and possibilities that challenged the imagination.

 

She closed her eyes and opened them to be greeted by the stunning Cosmic Web. She felt the weight of it straining on her mind, as if one end was tugging her back to reality while the other demanded she remain staring into the impossible void of glittering stars. There were no more constellations to tell stories here, no, here the stories that were told came from tiny worlds between other tiny worlds. Millions upon millions of small stories all morphing together to create the story of Everything. All things born of emptiness to form bright lights in the sky… the same sky that would greet her when she…

 

Opened her eyes again.

 

The sun was shining outside now, the hours of night and sleep had long since passed. But beyond the brilliant light of the golden sun lay those same stories. But it was morning now, and that was her destination. It was the purpose of those stories: to make it to the next day, a brand new realm of possibilities. But time was beyond one’s capacity to grasp, and could never be measured simply by the passing of hours… and with that thought, those stories were, in fact, infinite.

 

She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes once more. Perhaps it was her imagination, but Polaris lay blinking in the distance… the northern star ever waiting to guide her home through the storm.

© 2015 Mila


Author's Note

Mila
I honestly don't know where this came from, usually there's a story behind my stories... but not this time! I blame the Smirnoff... XD

Reviews=motivation! Let me know how you liked it!

-Mila

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a fascinating piece. Seeing I'm a Libra and like the mythical creatures the pegasus I enjoyed the part where you mentioned them telling stories lol. The journey till morning, if I understood it correctly it was a dream before the character waking up. I would love to have a dream like that. I enjoyed this tale Sincerely Malister MIkey.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
Malister Mikey

8 Years Ago

your welcome



Reviews

Beautiful! fantastic story, brilliantly written and a pleasure to read :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :):)
Nice

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a fascinating piece. Seeing I'm a Libra and like the mythical creatures the pegasus I enjoyed the part where you mentioned them telling stories lol. The journey till morning, if I understood it correctly it was a dream before the character waking up. I would love to have a dream like that. I enjoyed this tale Sincerely Malister MIkey.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
Malister Mikey

8 Years Ago

your welcome
i believe this could become something more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much!!
Wow, sorry it took me so long to get to your RR, but it was SO worth the reading. Absolutely spellbinding. It leaves me contemplating the vastness of space, the microscopic world and everything in between with fascination! Some of your best writing I've read to date, even if you were just winging it. I'm saving it in my favorites.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thanks, Jennie! And no worries, I still have sooooo many RRs to work my way through, glad you enjoye.. read more
This is so poetic. I loved the fact that midway through, you sent my mind spinning into a dreamlike consideration of stories connected by some filament in the cosmos.... Lovely abstraction. Thanks for another gem, Mila.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
Mila, This story is captivating... It did kind of remind me of The Neverending Story in several parts, which is a good thing. for something you didnt research this is very informative of astrology, is that one of your interests? I love this passage, its concise and complete, You really pulled me into your story. I wish Smirnoff had the same effect on me, usually it just makes me sleepy, haha, Well done on this story


Posted 8 Years Ago


Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! And astrology and its mythical influences have always been fascinating to me, but.. read more
Rebecca Leigh

8 Years Ago

No , thank you!
I think you could make an entire book from this!!! great job Mila!!!! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
This is one of my favorite pieces of yours. The word usage was great, although I could do with less "she" in the top section, but other than that solid. Don't think I'm giving a green light to drink Smirnoff for creativity... Happy writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :)
I enjoyed the poetry. I like the star at night. They can lead us to where we need to go.
"She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes once more. Perhaps it was her imagination, but Polaris lay blinking in the distance… the northern star ever waiting to guide her home through the storm."
The above closing lines were perfect. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
niya

8 Years Ago

beautifully portrayed...:)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1576 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 23, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015
Tags: dream, time, space, stars, fantasy

Author

Mila
Mila

St. Louis , MO



About
ALL WINNERS FROM MY CONTESTS WILL HAVE THIER WORKS FEATURED ON MY WATTPAD ANTHOLOGY WITH FULL CREDIT GIVEN TO THEM! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WELL BEFORE HAND IF YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO FEATURE YOUR WORK! A.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Story by Mila


Liar Liar

A Story by Mila



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robert