The Winds Ran Wild

The Winds Ran Wild

A Story by Millie
"

The Winds Ran Wild

"
The winds ran wild spiralling through gushing her hair up. Her face turned red raw, her lashes dampened by the slashing rain. Each drop felt like a pin prick against her skin. Her steps clinked across the wet ground  little splashes hit the ground repeatedly. Blackening sky eased in above her head. Fresh air inhaled , clear, clean, tasteful. Almost intoxicating.

Legs moved, hardly ever stopping, so very fast.  Into sight he came thick and fast. Her eyes locked on him as him her. Coming side by side they store at each other, the darkness clouded in.  With her eyes she  followed him back. Dragging fingers through her hair water flicked out. He called out to her ,“Destiny!” It came to her like a bolt of  lightning to her chest. 

Turning her head softly her wet hair whipped against her face. He stood there dripping wet, waiting for her to run into his arms. She bit her bottom lip till trickles of blood spewed as she turned her head back. Her hair lay lifeless stuck to her body wind still grasping a few strands. “Destiny!” he called again. Deep breath in her lip trembled. A tear dripped slowly down her cheek. “Please don’t do this” she heard him whimper. 

Patting of rain tapped her skin without stopping. Slowly she turned they faced each other, it hurt her to look at him, her head stayed down at all times. “Jasper” she breathed. 
“Destiny” He spoke calmly with poise.  No one spoke. No one got closer. The wind filled the empty space between them. The whistling ringed in their ears. 

I want you, I need you, I lo- I lo- lo- love you.

“Destiny” He spoke softly endearingly. 
“Jasper” 
“I can’t do this.”
“Try Jasper, please” you could hear in her voice that she was beginning to well up. 
“No, De. I don’t want to” he took a brief pause, “I’ll see you every day. I can’t escape that. Neither can you” 
“Forget me” her voice horse, through tears, “Pretend you’d never met me.” 
“I will not do tha-”
“Please try!” She interrupted. 
“No, De. You can’t make me forget that time”
“I’m sorry” she cried. 

He rushed up to her, gripping her arms he made her look at him. “You can’t look at me, and tell me you don’t feel anything”. She starred at the grass on the road side. “I never said that” 
“You implied it.” 
“No. No, how dare you” she was outraged he’d even think that “I loved you” deep quick breaths, “I lo- lo- lo- lo-”
“You can’t say it”
“I’m sick of this. Remember the time when you didn’t feel anything?” tears dripped  “That us, we were just harmless flirting? Wasn’t so harmless was it!” She pulled his arms away from his grasp. Her tear so heavy they could have been rain. He stayed there thinking for a few moments. 
“How long did it take you to tell me?”
“Says the person who didn’t even think to tell me?” Her speech sounded almost venomous. 

She looked at him with disgust trailing through. Destiny stormed away as if the wind was taking her home. “Destiny!. . . Destiny!. . .  Destiny!” Soon enough he was too far away for her to hear. His voice too quiet too frail. Distract our hearts from ever missing anyone, but she’s forever missing him.

I want you, I need you, I lo- I lo- lo- love you.

He stood there where she’d left him, on the cobbled ground in the pour, spine shattering rain. Hating himself. Memories floated into his mind, he smiled like an idiot to himself. Loud noise music playing a soft voice. The girl sang on stage “Paint me red” the one significant lyric the rimmed through out. Destiny stood watching awaiting her turn on stage so very happy listening to her friends music. So proud of the girl whom was practically her sister. Tears of happiness dripped down her face. Spotting her he swooped in rapping his arms just under her breasts. She placed her hands over his arms holding on. His head rested between her neck and shoulder sweetly. She turned her head and their cheek’s rubbed. Soon enough another memory paraded in. Walking distantly together, he rushes to her side. One hand firmly on her waste. His lips pressed softly and tenderly on to her neck. Destiny was so unsure, it was the first time he’d ever kissed her. Yet they both began to crave for the soothing touch of one another so much. Although it wasn’t all happy memories. . .

Destiny stood in the middle of her room, phone tossed on the bed. “Urg!” she screamed. The phone rang, the ringing collected in her mind. “What!” 
“Why are you pissed off?” 
“Because you’re an arsehole who doesn’t understand he can’t do that!” 
“Do what!” 
“Oh let me see, don’t kiss me then run off and kiss another girl! Don’t tell one friend that you don’t have feelings and another you do! I’m so confused and that’s not fair! Don’t go flirting with other people in front of me!
“You said it was-”
“Don’t interrupt me!  Just because I say something doesn’t mean I mean it! Urg! Another thing don’t treat me like I’m just for show! I may not be your girlfriend, but trust me I don’t wonder why spectators assume!”
“Well it’s all good saying that, but you’re the only one who can change that. I know it’s hard. But it’s all down to you.” He spoke softly trying to win her over.
She gritted her teeth, “Change that? I’m not the one who pushes it so hard. Wants someone to kiss or hold. You’re the one who put all that into place, I admittedly an just too stupid to realise that you know what he’s using you.” 
“De, we need to sort it.”
“No, Jasper it is sorted. You know how I feel and I still don’t know how you feel!” Destiny hung up the phone. Jasper pacing in his front room, collapsed on to his sofa and took a deep breath before throwing his phone across the room. 

He stood in the pouring rain unknowing of what to do with himself. He put his hands on the back of his head then continued to walk through the rain and wind. His hands placed in his pockets and trudged on through. His heart pounded and his face red with redemption. His piercing brown eyes store straight at the on coming junction. He crossed passed it with no care for the cars that drove in front of him. Collecting his keys from his pocket he walked on down his road just off the junction. 

He looked up at his house then swiftly back down to his feet. His converses water stained, white laces tinted grey tied in a messy, loose bow. He followed his hand, with keys in palm, up to the lock. He unlocked the door slowly free from hesitation. Pushing the door open he walked in to his mother asking “Where were you? Destiny came round.” 

Laying on her bed she looked up to the white patented ceiling.  Turning on to her side she curled up into a ball and rapped her arms around her knees. She fills up with memories only one that was so insignificant crashes through.  Everyday, every time, every place they saw each other they’d embrace each other. Just friendly at first but it grew. Something so small filled her mind she longed to go back to forget what had happened. Regretting something is all very well she thought, but it won’t change any thing. 

“Knock, knock” he sister spoke whilst tapping lightly on the wooden door she leant against. “What’s wrong?” she took a step cautiously into the room. Destiny sat up on her bed resting against the wall. “I don’t want to talk about it” she sighed. 
“Are you sure? Come on big sis’ has been through it all” she exclaimed. 
“No” she replied gently, “I don’t want your advice.” 
“Okay” he sister walked out of the room “suit yourself.” Dragging her knees into her chest she began to sob. 

Quickly she reached for his hoodie which laid on her bed. Destiny placed it on her shoulders over the top of her chest. Breathing in she could still smell him, his natural smell and the distinct smell that followed of his favourite cologne. 

“What? Why was she here? Did she say?” he blurted out. 
“No, love. She said she was looking with you. She sat down for a bit we had a coffee.” she told him.
“Did she say something about me?” 
“Just that she was looking for you because she wanted to speak.”  she admitted. His mother strolled back into the front room. 
“That’s all nothing else?” 
“Nothing else, sweet heart. Where were you then?” she pressured for answer. 
“Had to sort something out” he stated. 
“With Destiny?” 
“No, with someone else.” he spoke bluntly. 
“Ah, so what she said was true there is another girl?” 
He sighed “Mum, I-”  
“Don’t try darling, you hurt that poor girl” he didn’t speak. “Go make me a cuppa” she continued. 
Standing in the hall way he slipped off his shoes then proceeded into the kitchen. He switched on the kittle. Made the coffee that he then took back to his mum. 

She soon feel asleep rapped in his hoodie. The light still on no sound but creaking floor boards from people prancing about in other rooms. 


Bringing in the cup of coffee he placed it on the table in close proximity of the sofa his mother sat on. “She was really hurt you know.” she spoke casually.  “I understand why, you do have that one quality very much like your father” she commented, “although poor girl misses you something rotten. Trusted you with the world, you can tell that just by seeing the way she looks at you. Doesn’t change how she feels about you though.” His eyes locked on her mother as she said the last sentence. 
“She said that you?” he seemed intrigued. 
“She didn’t have to sweet heart” she spoke calmly words from a wise woman. She drunk her coffee settling comfortably into her seat. 

 Later on he left his mother in the front room heading towards his own room. He looked over to his desk he spotted the cologne that she’d brought him for his birthday just passed. Things were getting better he thought, it was so close. He picked the cologne up and sprayed it in the air. He watched the droplets intensely as they fell through the air. 

He couldn’t sleep at all through night. 

She woke early morn to find her self gripping his hoodie in her hands close to her face. She placed it neatly on her pillows before walking hurriedly to her bathroom to take off make-up and clean her face. She store at her reflection in the mirror dark circles round her eyes, lip gloss smudged beneath her lips. Water splashed against her face as she threw it on her face. 

She whipped all the make-up then returned to her room without making even the littlest noise. After quickly getting changed she sat back on her bed waiting, waiting for something, anything. With hand on her mouth she rubbed her bottom lip with her thumb. She noticed her wall with pictures pinned up from years ago with more added every time a picture was taken. She smiled like and idiot at it. 

All her memories were plastered on her walls all the good ones, all the amazing ones and the unforgettable ones. Although there were some missing, memories that can’t be captured by a camera ones that she held on too in her head in her heart. Memories are always good to look back on. 

He lay on his bed, arms folded, eyes shut wide awake. Distracting himself, with song lyrics in his head singing them in his mind, he kept his mind off of her. There was a nagging feeling at the back if his head a worrying feeling that he wasn’t trusted. If she claimed to trust him so much why couldn’t she have told him what his mother knew all too well? He thought. 

How ever much he tried he found it next to impossible to get her out of his mind. He had told her that he didn’t want to forget yet he was trying because he thought that was easier for them both. Never mind what may be easier it’d doing what’s right counts but neither one knows what is right. 

Days pass, neither one knows how to start the conversation. Phones are rung then hung up before the call  had the slightest chance of getting through. Doors watched intensely. Every time the gate goes hearts jump out of their chests. Much to their disappointment neither one has made the first leap. Not wanting to make the first move both are left suspended in that situation endless waiting. 




Up, down, up, down, up, down, up down. She played with her hair deciding how she should have her hair. Up, down, up, down, up, down. Soon enough she decided on down. Once leaving the house she loosely tied it back up. She walked through the streets ear phones in with her hood up.

She kept her head ahead with music blaring into her ears. The music drowned out the noise of people’s conversation and zooming cars. No wind. Just freezing air that chilled her body from time to time on her walk.

There was a quiet little park that never had people in it most time. She sat on the swing swaying back and fourth lightly. Scrapping her foot on the floor she cleared a little space free of wood chips that were scattered on the ground. 

“I thought you’d be here.” Destiny couldn’t here through the music that played loudly into her ears. Destiny saw the black flat shoes in front of her on the floor, she slowly looked up at the woman wearing dark blue jeans. She quickly took her ear phones out realising who it was. “I’m terrible sorry Amanda I didn’t realise you were-”
“It’s fine love, Jasper said you might be here.” She spoke softly sitting on the swing next to her. 
“He sent you to go talk to me?” she inquired 
“No, but I’m his mother and all the time you‘ve spent with me and Jay. Your like family” she laughed to herself. 
She laughed too, “You share the same qualities” destiny pointed out “You both are there when you’re most needed” she stated. 
“Well that’s at least one thing he got from my side” she smiled. “Now love, you two can’t go on like this.” Destiny faced down. “It’s not good for either of you, you either need to be friends or well the other thing is entirely up to the two of you” 
“I just don’t know what to do, Amanda.” 
“Well you could start by telling me what happened?” she inquired. 

“I shouldn’t of gone in to the room Amanda. I didn’t want to see what I saw. Remember a couple of weeks ago, we went to that party? At Lorrie’s. I was just so annoyed of watching him over with another girl so I went outside for a minute or two. When I came back in everyone was kind of quiet. That was until Lorrie turned the music up and dragged me into the corner with her to tell me. . .” 

“I thought I should tell you ‘cause no one else will. He’s gone off with-” Destiny didn’t let her finish before leaving the room drink in hand. She jogged up the stairs her skinny jeans nipping her skin every so often. It was dark up stairs the only light seeping through from under doors in lit rooms. Noise from the party downstairs faded. She could hear the panting of breaths. 

Destiny crept in slowly opening the door. “De! It’s not what it looks like!”
“Yeah, Jay. I think it is.” 
“De, wait let me at least explain” Maxine spoke. She put her hand up downed the drink then walked out of the room to join the party. She was then intent on having a good time. 

“I didn’t want to see that Amanda, now I don’t know what to do.” she whipped her face. “Not a good thing, I shouldn’t be telling his mum this.” 

Amanda sat deep in thought for a few moments. “How much were you two drinking?”
“I had one glass, and Jay had a couple of cans I think” she sounded unsure. 
“Well it all could have been a drunken mistake love. He may not like to admit it but he misses you far more that he’d like to let on. He sits there with that cologne just sprays it into the air. I think it reminds him of you.” It wasn’t her intention, but Destiny began to feel ever growingly guilty. 

Time passed, Amanda and Destiny continued their conversation. It become more apparent as you spoke to Amanda what her line of work was. Amanda was a physiatrist turned guidance councillor. Not only was it in her line of work but in her nature; she had always been the type of person that would listen and understand. She’d be there to help weather you truly realised or not.  

Before she had found Destiny she had, had a similar conversation with her son. “Are you going to tell me what happened?” She walked in to her son’s room sitting next to him on his bed. “It was just a stupid mistake mum.”
“What kind of mistake?” 
“One, I hope not to make again.” He spoke sitting cross legged arms folded in his lap. 
“Ah, one of those mistakes” she exclaimed. 
“What happened then?”
“I knew she was annoyed with me before that and I made it so much more worse. I just wanted to get back at her!”
“Get back at her for what, sweet heart?” 
“I just. I didn’t like the fact that I felt for her, it wasn’t meant to be anything, mum”
“Well don’t you think she hates herself for what she’s feeling? She misses you, the friend you” she explained. 
“Stop using your psycho babble on me please”
“Alright sweet heart. I just don’t want you two being like this. You were so close” She got up and left him on his own in his room. 

He knew that they had to sort this out although he had no idea how they could. I need to trick her into meeting up with me, he thought to himself. Their was always school, and parties and just an incident in the street or a lie. . . 



 In amongst the crowd of people Jasper spotted Destiny acting on impulse he said, “Come on” he pulled her by the hand along the hall. 
“Jay! Let go!” she shouted thrusting her hand away. 
“We need to talk!”
“Really? What’s left to talk about Jasper! What?”
“I don’t want to be like this De! You can think this is only affecting you but it’s not!”
“Go f**k yourself Jasper.” she spoke bluntly. She turned to leave, and who but Miss Maxine Breedy known as not only one of the biggest s***s in her year but as a person who assumes she is better than everyone else. “Oh for f**k sake!” Destiny almost said instinctively.
“Jasper, what are you-” Maxine spoke. 
“He wasn’t doing anything, I was just leaving” She re-joined the crowds of people blending in entirely till she was lost. 

Her body filled  as people nudged past her and scurried past quickly where has manners gone? However the only thing she wanted to do was scream into the heavens not waste her time on insolent lower years. He’d withheld vital information from her, not that she needed to be told. He had wanted her back so badly, yet she had already realised it wasn’t healthy. He’d been so clever in avoiding telling her that he had another. Someone who was there for show entirely unlike Destiny he didn’t love her nor did he need her. 



Several months earlier. . . 

Wearing a short jump suit , with discrete floral design, that cropped but over her breasts and on her thigh she stood on the grass opposite the beach. The smell of food and thick smoke filled the air. Fire sparked from the barbeque that had just newly been lit. Music blared fresh and loud from speakers in the crowd. Most of the people were up dancing drinking from white plastic cups. Large sunglasses, towels and food lay scattered across the grassy ground. 

He stood with his hand on her back as she held on to her straw hat. He  wore a checked shirt which lay undone in the summer heat, loose fitting jeans and conversers’ he also had her large sunglasses on his face. Moving her hand off her hat she placed it on his shoulder. 

 They pranced around the little groups of people in time with the music. Her hair swayed flying in the air, she laughed. Both showing joyful smiles. She laughed loudly gaining her balance placing her hand firmly on his bare chest. The fading summer sun shone on them, the bright lights and blazing fire caught their eye. Focus returning back to one another she carefully took her sunglasses back off of his face. She put them on her face then puckered her lips before breaking out into roaring laughter. Pulling each other closer in together, she pressed her lips against his nose quickly easing back. 

Her arms lay loosely rested on his neck, his arms circled round her waste. She smell of perfume and cooked food filled the air around them. Sounds of laughter, music, conversations and waves paraded in consuming them. With noses touching they store into each others eyes for along time before settling on the floor. 

Laid on the towels they embraced each other. “We could just go” he joked. 
“No” she replied giggly. He got closer into her personal space, kissing her forehead. 
“We could always do this” he pulled her on top of him blowing ‘raspberries’ into her neck. She giggled like a child. Laying flat on her back she sat up and mounted him. Sitting on his waste they spoke normally his hands on her hips hers in the air as she spoke. For people who knew nothing of their little love affair this was far from normal; but in fact so very much expect after their action all day long. It was if the fuse of the firework had just been lit ready to explode. 

They spent the rest of their day at the beach rapped in each others arms. 


Present day. . . 

“Your not getting away from me that easily” he called after as she attempted to leave the building. 
“Can’t you take a hint? I don’t want to talk Jasper” he walked practically on top of her. 
“No I can’t as it happens” 
“Ha-ha-ha very funny I’m dying with laughter” she mocked. 
“Are you going to let me talk?” 
“Go on then” she spoke impatiently. 
“I just wanted to make you jealous, she doesn’t mean anything to me”
“How can you say that?” she sounded disgusted. “she doesn’t mean anything to you? She’s your girlfriend! Don’t even pretend she’s not, I’ve been told by her ‘cause she likes to rub things in.” She took in a breath to compose herself, “Just as much as you do.” 
“I’m sorry” 
“Apology accepted, but it’s not going to change anything. Nothing at all. Nothing will be what it use to be like.” 

She walked on leaving him their. Destiny needed to get it off her chest, she still had a great deal of feelings for him, feelings that she would rather have gone. She strongly believed that if she let them fade they’d soon go. Destiny believed this almost as much as he believed if he fought hard enough to win her back he’d have her. 

He turned slowly letting her go with a strange sense of accomplishment he had made her forgive him after all. Yet the feeling that she had only accepted to get ride of him remained dominate. He joined his girlfriend to walk home although his mind was far from what he was being talked at about. 

“Rose?” She knocked on her sisters bedroom door. 
“Yeah?” 
“What should I do if a friend who’s more than a friend, is being a complete dick and I don’t know what I should do when he’s repenting what he’s done but it’s still hurtful and I know that what he wants to happen will end up hurting someone else” she blurted out like word vomit. 
“Explain slowly?” she asked indicating for her sister to sit down. 
“Well, you know I was really close to Jay? Well he thought that it would be a good idea to make me jealous because he didn’t like the way I was making him feel. So obviously I was hurt, we had a fight about the whole mess. He wanted everything to be forgiven and forgotten but I can’t do that because I know I’ll be hurting his current girlfriend weather I like her or not.” Her sister sat there laughing a little bit herself. “What’s so funny?” 
“That you two are too stupid too realise that what ever your going to end up doing will hurt each other”
“I don’t find that funny.” her face had confusion struck across it.
“No, I find it funny that you two weren’t together before this mess!” 
“We just weren’t!” 
“But you acted like it right?” 
“I dunno” she mumbled under her breath.

Her sister sat their quiet smug before running to rap her arms around her little sister saying “N’aww! My little sister is growing up!” she spoke in a cutesy voice. Destiny rolled her eyes letting her sister squeeze her to the point of suffocation. It was almost as if it was a right of passage for a teenage girl to be heart broken at one point in your years or severely confused. It’s a shared feeling that most people can and will feel. 

She stayed sat in her sisters little room on the bed opposite her sister while they talked and both did their homework. “Well it’s not like, anything like that happened to me!” 
“What’d you mean? The dashing prince charming to swoop you off your feet!” she said bringing her book up to her chest imitating a swooning princess. 
“PHAHA” they filled with laughter “Like he even exists!” they yelled form the top of there lungs. “Oh but like hell I wish he did” Rose sighed. 
“Don’t we all” Destiny raised her pen imitating a glass in her hand. 
“Girls! Hush!” There mother called up from the downstairs kitchen. They snickered to themselves before trying to compose themselves. Although one glance back to one another and the composure disappeared. 

He sat with his back against his wall throwing a soft bouncy ball against the wall. Maxine laid on his bed talking about pointless trivia. “Then Georgia went “Why the f**k are you doing that” and of course Leigh-Ann came back all innocent “I don’t know what your talking about” and s**t like that but me and Georgia weren’t taking it” He sat their just throwing the ball taking very little notice that he wasn’t the only one in the room until “Are you listening to me?” 
“Err, yeah carry on” she carried on with her mindless babble about the s****y friends whom were out for any drama they could get along with any male they could get too. 
After almost an hour of the babble he soon spoke impatiently, “What time do you need to be home?”  
“It’s almost as if you don’t want me here” she spoke playfully. Maxine sat on the edge of the perfectly messy bed. Watching him sat on the floor, he stopped throwing the ball over her head. “Give me a kiss?” she asked seductively. 
“I’m not in the mood Maxie” he told her look at the blank wall the other side of him. Maxine sat on his lap pulling him forward towards her, she gripped his face firmly in her soft hands. Bringing their nose’s together she placed her lips on to his. He ran his fingers through her hair, she gripped hold of his shirt. Warm breaths sprayed on to their bodies. 


I should call him,  she thought to her self debating weather to pick her phone up. 

















“I’ll see you later then” She bit her lip, her head down at the floor but her eyes locked on him. 
“Um, yeah tomorrow” he spoke monotone-ly. He left her at her door with out a kiss or even a hug. He walked home in the dry air, his cold breath fogging the air in front of him for a few moments. Hands placed firmly in the pockets of his jeans he made his trek back home. 

On the way he caught eye of a girl with long jet black hair that glistened under the street lights. He became almost adamant that it was Destiny he saw. “De?” He called back. The girl turned back confused. Much to Jaspers disappointment it wasn’t her, the only similarities being her height and hair colour. Sadly he continued with, “Sorry.” A look of despair marked his face he wanted to be her, she longed to see her. He missed her smile. 

“Yes, I’ll pass on the message, nice to hear from you” Amanda put down the phone placing it back on to the hook. 
“Who was that?” he asked as he placed his grey hoodie on to the hooks that hung in the hallway. 
“It was for you actually, they said they’d call you back” she said walking back through the hallway into the front room.
“Who’s they?” he asked as he walked down the hallway to get to the kitchen. 
“One of your friends, can’t remember the name” she lied. He shrugged his shoulders as he prepared himself some food. 

Walking back into the front room with a mouthful of food he asked yet again, “Are you sure you don’t know who it is?” 
“Don’t talk while you eat” she told him “No I’m sure that I don’t know how it was, I didn’t recognise the voice” she continued, 
“What so they didn’t leave their name?” he replied finishing the mouthful of food replacing it with another. 
“No they didn’t leave they’re name” he opened his mouth to speak once more, “If you speak with that mouthful in one more time I shall stop you from eating it” she added. He didn’t continue to speak as he finished his food. 

Looking through her shelves she sought out a book to read. Dreading the thought of reading a soppy romantic tale she picked up a horror. This book in fact had scared her so much when she had last read she had cried herself to sleep every time she had read it. Noting to herself do not read this book before you go to bed. She did not care for horror films are they were never as scary as what he imagination could come up with. 

Laying on her bed reading the book she felt strangely happy as though she’d done the right thing. In being the bigger person not dwelling on the fast for longer than she needed too. Of course she can’t say that it’s completely gone from her mind because not only would she being lying to whom ever she told but to herself. She flicked through the pages knowing the story line that had scared it self on to her brain. Tears of fear dripped on her face. 
Her mind wafted from the story thinking about what she’d do the next day. She had it all planned out, she’d simply say I’m happy that you’ve got someone.  Or something along the line of It was never going to work anyway it’s time we both moved on, we can remain friends though. 

As you’d expect having it all planned out was the one thing that lead to her never being able to say any of those things. Neither spoke they joined in with conversations with the same friends but that’s not quiet the same. What made it worth it, was that they were some what more at ease with one another. 

Sitting in the crowded hall they all budged in amongst each other. Destiny turning to Lorrie rolled her eyes before facing back with a happy smile plastered onto her face. Lorrie’s leg rested on hers as did Jaspers on the other side. “Oh has she done the calculator clutch?” Rita asked. 
“Oh god, yes. She walks round like her arm is attached to her side!” she laughed. 
“And her bingo wings!” Lorrie added. 
They all laughed loudly, “Oh gotta love Jenny Vo’” Destiny commented. Slapping her hands on to her legs she missed by one fraction hitting Jaspers’ leg. He looked up and store at her intensely. 

They caught each other by the corner of their eye. They kept locked on each other, she bit her lip then turned slowly away. Everyone looked down towards the floor sensing the awkwardness. “So” Destiny carried on “What have we got after lunch?” 
“Tutor” Lorrie answered. 
“You know I didn’t mean that”
“Maths” Jasper added.
“Cheers” Destiny replied with out looking back at him. She and Lorrie exchanged looks, as if they were speaking. It was a mixture of eye movement and facial gestures. 

It was so very difficult for them to handle this. They never really had a argument that had last this long before. It was slowly tearing them apart everyday then didn’t speak. Neither one could bare being ripped apart from the other no matter how much they chose to hide it. 

Maths. It wasn’t Destiny’s best subject but she was able to get through it with ease. On the other hand, it was Jasper’s best subject he just refused to try therefore staying in middle set with Destiny. Which at this currant stage in their relationship wasn’t good for either of them. 

They sat opposite each other, Destiny moving her head swiftly being careful not to be caught in his eye line. Jasper tapped the table in patiently as they waited for the teacher to come over. “I can always help you” Jasper inserted.
“No.” Destiny said quickly, “I’ll wait for Miss” he saved herself from sounding rude. 
“I’ll be quicker than she will be”
“Like I said I’m fine” The tension in the room built as they spoke. 
“I’ll be able to explain so you’ll understand.” Destiny turned to him, giving him a certain look he shut-up. 

After about five minutes of Miss Treacher travelling the classroom she turned back to Jasper. “Help, please”
“I though you were going to wait for Miss?” He joked. Destiny spotted the twinkle in his eye that had not shown it’s self in quite some time. 
“’Cause you love me, you‘ll help?” she said playfully, displaying brief smile before biting her lip. 
“Hmm, not sure I do, but I’ll help” he answered, taking her work from her. She showed her how to solve the problem as she leant over the table to see how he worked  it out.  

“All done, do you understand it now?”  he asked passing back her work. 
“No” She spoke like and stereotypical dumb person, “You lied, you can’t explain can you?” she played around with him. He laughed softly before she answered properly “yeah I get it now, thank you.” 

They left the classroom, they were acting like nothing had happened. They felt so at ease with each other but there was still that unavailing wedge that laid in between them in the shape of one Miss Maxine Breedy. 

Spotting them in the hallway Maxine spring in the middle of them to Jasper’s side. “Hiya, baby” Maxine spoke. On her appearance Destiny rolled her eyes wishing she’d leave. 
Jasper greeted her with, “Oh hi.” 
“What are you two talking about then?” She said turned to Destiny with disgust. 
“Well, nothing you’d really understand Maxine. Anyway I was just leaving.” Destiny struck back. “See you later Jasper?”
“Yeah, bye De.” He waved keeping his eyes locked on her as she turned to leave. 

Destiny knew that Maxine would be a problem for them having any chance of regaining what they had. She knew that there wasn’t much that she could do though, they were still together which Destiny in her heart of hearts just knew she wouldn’t be able to change. Regardless of how much she wanted too. 

Later on that day, Jasper was back at home having got ride of Maxine. At last he had room to breathe. Unknowing of her feelings he wanted call her, just explain get it all out in the open. He picked up his phone. He filled with dread, what if she doesn’t pick up? He grabbed his mobile 141-ing the number so that she had no choice but to pick up. He listened to the phone ring twice before a happy, “Hello” 
“Hiya, It’s Jay.” 
“Hey, have you changed your number?” she spoke curiously. 
“No, I was just frightened if you knew it was me, you shouldn’t pick up”
“Oh, don’t be silly. I would of picked up” she lied through her teeth. 
“I’ll remember that next time” He commented. 
“Why did you call?” 
“I thought we needed to talk, which we do.” She didn’t speak, but he heard her breathing. 
“Well I thought that I should explain now, that I’m a stupid arsehole who doesn’t deserve anyone like you. I shouldn’t of done what I did. I just hated the way I felt, we were friends. I was just worried that we’d loose that if I felt that way. I realise that all I’ve done it is loose that and I hate that. I honestly hate it.” 
“Let’s face it your not the only one at fault here, I am too. I had feelings that I concealed which was wrong. I should of told you, maybe then neither of us would have been in that situation at Lorrie’s.”
“It was more my fault than it was yours, and I’m truly sorry for that.” 
“don’t say sorry. Sorry accounts for just as much as loves theses days and it’s not that much.” 

The phone cal soon ended, they felt better for it. 

Destiny stayed up laying on her bed starring at he ceiling most of the night. Thinking just thinking of everything that she missed. She missed that soft sensuous touch on her skin back when they were near enough together. It was like for once she’d got what she wanted. Although for her it was short lived, but in her head it lasts. She refused to let it go. She use to be able to pick up on the smell of him hours after he’d left her, she loved that more than anything it was proof it had happened that none of it was just a dream trapped inside her head. 

Don’t, she’d remind herself. Stop dwelling on it.  She’d want to scream into her head. It’s not the same for her and she knows it never will be. It can’t be. Things have moved on, she can’t help that. They moved on through time they spent hating each other. She couldn’t help but blame herself, she’d let someone else move in and take something she’d cared for so dearly. 


Jasper laid on his bed smiles shot across his face, he found it hard to keep a straight face. He looked on the call as a new start for them, they can begin rebuilding what they were. He clenched his bed over’s remembering the last time she’d been there. They sat watching a film, it was raining heavily outside, their hair wet from the rain. They’d only just come in. The heavy rain was unexpected on the once beautiful summers day. Destiny’s pale yellow top became see through dew to the rain displaying her black bra she wore underneath. Jaspers top clung to his body like a child to it’s mother, defining all his features. 

Ignoring the film that played on the background he asked “Do you want to borrow one of my tops of now?” 
“If you don’t mind?” she spoke softly as he gave her his superman top to wear. Feeling comfortable with him she lifted her top changing quickly. His eyes looked at the corner of his eye as he changed into his own cloths. She looked at him with her eyes appearing to be looking towards the ground. 

He joined her sitting on the bed, rapping his arms round her he commented “you are soaking” 
“I know” she laughed. They curled up together, he rubbed her stomach slowly as she played with his loose fitting top. He kissed her forehead as they fell into each other every second becoming more comfortable. She climbed on top of him, only wearing his baggy top and underwear. She leant over kissing his forehead. He gripped her hips pressing his lips solidly against her neck. Her fingers ran through his hair.

Soon enough they collapsed on the bed next to each other, having nothing but a press of lips against the other’s body happen. They restricted themselves when in reality they could of taken so much more. 

Destiny racked her brains thinking that one day she’ll have enough of Maxine and she’ll just snap. Her mind filled with worry about weather that would further damage any chance of her and Jasper’s friendship being maintained. She needed to stop worrying she continually told herself but still she did. Every time she felt close to sleep something else would pop into her mind another problem, an another error, just something which could destroy it. She was desperate to hold on to this. 

“Someone looks happy” Amanda commented on her son’s unusual happy smile and spring in his step. 
“Well if you’d like to know mother, I am rather happy indeed” he walked out of the room going to grab his school bag. 
“Well just to let you know, I like this son better tell the moody one to pack his bags” Amanda laughed. 
“I shall” he called through, with a smile still spread across his face. Walking back through the hallway he left with a loud “bye Mum!”. 

On the other hand Destiny felt terrible constantly worrying about actions that she’d not yet made. Walking into school she was him waiting their a smile lit across his face. She hurried up to him feeling as if a weight had lifted from her shoulders. They trapped each other in a warm embrace. She couldn’t help but think of how much she’d missed his hugs. Hugs which could cure any sadness in an instance. 

They walked along the hall. They saw little groups of people beginning to talk seeing them walk other together practically holding on an others hands. The looks the gathered didn’t phase them, they ignored them. They knew what they were doing, they knew. At least they hoped. 

One factor has been intentionally left out. Chosen to be left from both their minds. A factor in this equation that will come back to haunt them. 

“De, What the hell is happening?” 
“Nothing is happening? I don’t know what you mean?” 
“With you and Jasper.  . .” 
“Oh that? Um, Nothing Lorrie. Trust me?” 
“I don’t, but I will for now. Just remember that he’s still with Maxine. I don’t want to see you hurt again” 
Maxine, Crap! she thought to herself. How could I have forgotten about her completely? Worried look slapped across her face as soon as Maxine was mentioned. She pushed it to the back of her mind. Attempting to keep it there, it was easier for her that way. 

“Jay, Jay, Jay! Don’t tell me you’ve got two girls!” Joe said joking around. 
“Two girls? What do you me-” He ran his fingers through his hair “S**t.” 
“You forgot about your girlfriend? Now that’s one I’ve never heard before” Jasper looked down with guilt. 

His thoughts built in his mind wondering what he should do. He could always break it off with her? But which one? He knew which one he wanted. He also knew how Destiny would take it? Her life would collapse with guilt, or maybe it wouldn’t? he debated in his mind, after all they never really like each other all it would do it fill them an ever growing hatred for each other. It’s not like I ever liked Maxine in the first place, he continued to think. 


“Hello” Destiny said walking up to him at lunch, the crowds of people scurried through passing them, the groups of people became smaller and smaller,. “Hey” He replied with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Destiny sat next to him, his arm rapped round her, they listened to music with one earphone each. Destiny’s knee’s tucked in to her chest slightly tilted towards to Jasper. He gripped her shoulder every so often, then immediately loosened his grip once more.  

English lesson. They spoke about a book that they’d read in the past years that they could distinctively remember, for an English speaking and listening assessment. Anna-Elise spoke first, “For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the book. Although the story line I can tell you in much detail. It’s a romance book, a man leaves his pretty wife, who’s loyal, faithful, loving, everything you’d want. He leaves her for a girl who isn’t anything like her but has youthful looks. You find out that he wants to feel young again so get’s with a young woman. It’s amazing because it shows that there is no fury like a woman’s wrath. The wife’s jealous over takes, and she persuades her husband that the girl he’s with is far worse that her by beating him at his own game. But, but, but. Before that, she warns the girl to get out of their lives and get out of town or else. After reading the book I don’t want to know what that or else would have been. She doesn’t of course, but by the end of the book she has. You don’t hear anything about her in the end. It merely says that “she left.” It left me in complete wonderment! I longed to know what happened to her so came up with my on situations all the ones I could think of ended. . . Let’s say badly.” I’ll have to look that book up, Destiny thought to herself. 

© 2012 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
Written a couple of months back, I haven't really checked through it in detail. So please excuse me for my grammar and poor spelling :) x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on September 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie