A Soft Breeze

A Soft Breeze

A Story by Millie
"

Seeing a lover after a unexpected separation...

"
In my head I ask why, in my heart I know why.
I stood opposite you with only air and a soft breeze to separate us. My guard was down, all the memories of pain and deceit come flooding back. I store at the floor unable to glance up at you even once. Ringlets of my hair brush against my face as the breeze carries it. My heart seemed to sink into the pit of my stomach.
When I eventually did look up all I saw was the you that I fell in love with. The well dressed, sweet, innocent, caring man who appeared just to be a distant memory. That cheeky smile you use to wear gone from sight and in its place it left a solemn emotionless expression. It felt wrong as if you were tainted.
I questioned myself. Was I merely fooling myself into thinking you hadn't changed? That everything was as it was, before us? I looked back down catching you slowly examining me. Overwhelmed with hurt I quickly began to tear up. Why am I here I murdered under my breath.
We stood opposite each other with only the air and soft breeze to separate us.

© 2013 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
Ignore all grammar and spelling errors please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: love, romance, lust, loss, journal, recall, memory

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie