That's How I'd Like To Go

That's How I'd Like To Go

A Story by Millie
"

That's how I'd like to go, calmly, peacefully, givingly.

"

   The soft, flowing rain thundered from the heavens. Hastily, I skipped bare footed along the cobbled, stony path. The raging winds scooped up my glossy, dampened hair and held it high in its grasps. I wore a single necklace laced round my exquisite neck. It was my grandmothers’ favourite. A low cut top drooping over my shoulder revealing my plain white bra. I was wearing only underwear and the thin top, revelling places I wouldn't even dare to show. 

   In the nearing distance, I could hear the crashing, mortal waves against the jagged rocks. 

   Gripping my glasses firmly and solidly in my palms I casted them wilfully to ground. I heard them hit the floor.

   The glass had shattered into a million pieces.

   Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the shards glisten in the few rays of light there was. They had appeared through the gaps between the dark, murky clouds over head. The fresh air was so intoxicating, like a drug that had never been used. Used for the first time and only once. 

   I gripped my ring and starred at the emerald gem butterfly encased in silver. I twisted it off my finger noticing a green rim around my finger. Holding the little ring in my left hand I threw it over my shoulder. It clanked as it hit the millions of tiny stones; the noise was softened by the heaving rain. 

   As the soles of my delicate feet stepped on the chalky stones it made a loud squelching noise. My hair felt heavy on my back, soaked from the water. The water dripped down my elegant back like a soothing lullaby, lulling me gently to a humble sleep. Ruffling my hair, I quickened my brisk skip. The winds picked up speed, getting stronger and holding me back. However, I refused to let them. I battled through the gales. 

   They would not stop me. 

   It was so close. I could hear it. The crashing of the waves had become piercing loud it was as if I was the cliff they were hammering against. 

   Dragging down my several bracelets which rested on my wrist, I heard them tap the ground one by one. They hit with different sounds and breaths of noise. Like an Orchestra made of gusts, rain, jewellery and the sea. 

   I came so close. The waves were so high I could feel the spray of the ocean on my tear drawn face. The salt that had paraded in the air filled my dry mouth. Focusing carefully, I eyed the blackened clouds which had vibrant white and yellow light rays coming from the gaping opening. 

   I began to sprint.

   My feet barely touched the ground. I lifted up the slender, sodden top over my head. I discarded it to the ground. With one more step I had taken, I was flying.

   One too many steps. 

   It felt so weightless. I was at peace with my soul. I had nothing left to lose. I'd lost everything in years ago which I cared about. The air didn't feel harsh on my skin; it was gentle, caressing and sensual. 

   I welcomed the freezing temperature of the crystal clear water. As I hit the water it felt as if it had engulfed me. It took me in and never wanted to let go. Slowly, my lungs filled with that water. It took me for good. I turned with the flowing water, looking up to the Heavens as I was slowly taken away. 

   Taken from my life. Taken away from my troubles. It had consumed me. I had consumed it. 


   That is the way I would have chosen, be sent away with the water I loved. Looking up to a sight I had adored. That’s how I’d like to go.

© 2012 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
hmmm, I think the ending is a let down I may change it. The girl in this story is suffering from stress and depression. Everything in her life has already been take way, so she is merely informing her self of the way she had imagined to go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the building climax to this story, fab. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good poem.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOVE IT ♥ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Lozza :3

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: Peace, Love, Fiction, Teen, Everyone
Previous Versions

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie