American Nightmare

American Nightmare

A Poem by Mind Giant
"

This is a free hand piece about what's happening in our country.

"
Watchful eyes sleeping through what's left of the nights fire... In between my minds corridors intangable thoughts echoed back to the starting conclusion that brought them to begin with.

I sense your disdainful looks of indifference; Your eyes looking down towards the ground with impatience. Hesitation in your thought process makes your decisions to be half stepped and dangerous. Temptation varies from person to stranger. Many of us to angry at the pass, to learn our lesson.

Gun shots fired, no one moves no one Cares enough to pay attention. Our seeds die to soon due to sucking chest wounds, road side bombings, and worst of all from decisions from the so-called leaders of this nation. Only when it's convenient to their house hold incomes, do they follow the status of limitation.

Our children's teachers need a part time job during the summer months, at the same time the chairman of the school board gave him self five fat raises and a nice little summer boat.

Thousands of new foreclosed homes a month and the number steady climbing, the American dream is quickly turning into a nightmare. Forgive the french emotion in my language and my writings, but like many others in this country, I'm just simply F*****G angry!

© 2010 Mind Giant


Author's Note

Mind Giant
This is how I was feeling, sometime last year...tell me what you guys think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with your words. All my neighbors had to leave their homes here in Michigan. 50% unemployment in Detroit. Leader say we are fine drinking their wine and getting fat. Sad part most of the USA citizen don't care. Their world going to s**t and they are doing nothing. A powerful poem. Made me think. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


i agree, but i have faith that it will get better, and our people will come home.
( i have to believe that)well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem, it's always good to express your emotions through writing, the best way to go, and you did a great job with this. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010

Author

Mind Giant
Mind Giant

Miami, FL



About
This will be my very first attempt to actually try to write about me on the about me section. I hate to assume anything, but I am a habitual educated guesser. Everyone on this site loves to write for .. more..

Writing
The Writer The Writer

A Story by Mind Giant



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..