Deliverance

Deliverance

A Story by Minoru Kusari
"

A short story I wrote for Halloween. Doesn't really have a Halloween theme, but it's dark and maybe a little spooky? Enjoy!

"

10/31/13

Deliverance

                I drowned. That’s right. I died in that frigid river surrounded by barren trees. But it’s okay, really. It was meant to be this way. I trusted him. I believed in him. I…loved him.

                And of course, even now, I still do. I still love him with all my heart. And my faith in him is such an unshakable faith that it would make a priest seem fickle. Even if I will never be able to feel the warmth of his body, or feel that hot rush of blood to my face when I’m around him. But it was just never meant to be, I suppose.

                I waited for him out in the woods, by the river surrounded by snowy banks. I was so happy when he came for me. He had never once before given me his love. The love that I deserved. The love that I coveted. The love he had always so readily given to others. But in the end, it was me who received the ultimate expression of his love. The true depths of his burning passion, sorrow, love, hate, pity, and anguish�"all facets of his person were known only by me.

When he found me by the river, he quickly wrapped me in a tight embrace. So tight, I could hardly breathe. But I had been waiting so long for that sensation. That enveloping sensation of union, followed swiftly by that of freedom. Of release.

               

                And he finally gave it to me. The pleasure was unfathomable. Even as the tears streamed down his cheeks, and his face contorted in an ugly fashion, much like my own must have, I was at peace. I remember thinking, Ah, yes! It was truly meant to be this way!

If I am to be punished, let it be by the hands of Love itself!

                His mouth moved as though he was speaking, but I could no longer hear his voice. I stared at his lips intently, thinking of the time I stole a kiss from those lips as he slept.

Soon, I realized that my body was cold and wet. At some point during our spiritual union, we had waded out into the river, its chilling waters washing over us. It was shoulder-high now, and I was falling backwards slowly as my strength left me. My eyes took in the pale sunlight, which shone weakly through the thick grey clouds.

I then looked to my lover, who was standing over me, holding me tightly with tears in his eyes. Holding me so tightly I could no longer breathe at all. My vision became more blurred with each passing moment of rapture, until…

Suddenly, everything went dark. 

© 2013 Minoru Kusari


Author's Note

Minoru Kusari
Please leave your thoughts on this story! There are multiple ways to take this, so I'm curious to see what people thought. Hope you enjoyed it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on November 1, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013
Tags: psychological, fantasy, occult, supernatural, romance, dark, horror, halloween, river, nature, short story

Author

Minoru Kusari
Minoru Kusari

MD



About
I'm in my late teens. I'm a pretty laid back guy most of the time, but I get really passionate about certain things. I like to play guitar, video games, draw and read. I love music. I've always liked .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Minoru Kusari