Scaring the Locals

Scaring the Locals

A Story by Mip/John K. Brierley
"

A story from one of the unimension's greatest hero's.

"
These stories are strange. Magic, guns, swordplay, and crazy insane religions I dismantled and rearranged are common here. Most of the time I'll give you some background information and launch you into a episode of some of my characters lives. The unimensions is just an abbreviation of "universe of dimensions". Better than omniverse but I'm bias about that. Say omniversal, then unimensional. Unimensional is harder but much more fun to say. We'll open up my career on this site with my favorite character, Jacob Deatrix.
Edit: Just noticed it was view instead of few. Guess my teachers were right about double checking.
Jacob Deatrix: Jacob has shoulder length black hair, is 5'11, and 16 years old in this episode. His signature outfit is a black trench coat with two layers of leather and a layer of magicked steel between the two layers, black jeans, black combat boots, long leather gloves, and a plain black shirt. He's goth. He is a Sin Angel, a human bonded with a devil by the binding skin of a demon attached to his left hand and forearm. Sin Angels harness their sin energy and uses it as a weapon of fierce crimson death. The demon skin allows them to heal from most wounds at the cost of energy and to use demon's advantages, such as wings and hellfire. They can also use their sin energy to teleport to places they've been before, be it 5 feet away, or a dimension away. He is also a mutant of sorts, when he was a fetus, he was taken to a foreign planet in his home dimension and its air gave Jacob strange hulk like abilities. When his adrenaline starts pumping, he becomes stronger, faster, smarter, and able to take more damage. He gets better hearing as well, but that's more of a curse cause he can be seriously hurt by sound, and blasts music in his ears to soften the outside world and keep his ears intact. His songstress abilities helps the music from hurting him. The more adrenaline, the more powerful the effect. He carries adrenaline needles, but rarely uses them as his heart will burst. He'll heal, but he will not wake up for 2-7 days. He has no scars thanks to the demon skin. Jacob is a magician of considerable power whose triggers for his magic rely upon the names of summons from the final fantasy series and powerful deitys as he is unoriginal at making trigger words. He carries his dead mother's black desert eagles, which he carries on his shoulders on specially made holsters which appear like ornaments, his dead father's onyx katana, which he carries on the inside of his trenchcoat,, named Katayana, and a MCGS (MotorCycle-Great Sword, it transforms into a great sword and back to a motorcycle by reattaching and splitting the handle) named Soulsalax, which he carries on his back. He is a skilled fighter his forte being hand-to-hand combat and gunplay. He also owns a tank that goes mach speed. It gets stolen often cause he will get out of it mid-battle to fight and come back to find it gone. His personality is arrogant, kind, angry, and heroic all mashed together with a weakness towards sea sickness and mind control. He's basically a badass with an attitude problem. Finally, he is one of the three Devil's Songstress'es, which are musicians with amazing musical talent and control over instrument and, with the right lyrics, can rain down hellfire and lightning.
Extra Stuff: Jacob has autoreloaders attached to his pistols. Autoreloaders are two parts. One part clip, one part recycler. The clip keeps filling the gun with bullets transferred to it by a combination of magic and technology. The recycler attaches to the part of the gun that shoots out the used cartridges and recycles them into new bullets. It's not infinite, but have a healthy supply of metals used to make bullets and you won't have to worry about running out of bullets.
This story is actually not ordinary hero trying to enjoy a vacation. He is hunted everyday and fights everyday. He'd sell his soul to get a day off. That doesn't mean he'll turn down a good fight though. He is a warrior at heart. Okay, it probably isn't that original but the characters and such and such is. Hopefully, I don't mean to rip anyone off.
This episode is in a Steampunk 1900s set in London, where Jacob must deal with the local faerie court, a few vampiric politicians, and a potential rival. The recently thought up title for this short story is Scaring the Locals.
This is ridiculous. Why is that when I don't need a break, there's nobody trying to kill me, but try to take a vacation and I have to do a job for that damn faerie Oliras so that he'll keep those heaven born hellhounds off my back. I hate this life sometimes. 
Anyway, this place is ridiculous, I can't even smoke a cigarette cause the damn guard outside the faerie court is allergic to tobacco. Damn faeries and their ridiculous allergies. At least I didn't have to ride a boat this time.
The place I'm waiting in isn't too bad actually. It has a nice view of the city and the clock tower. I think I can see where they replaced the glass from last time I was here. And the sunset is beautiful, though that forcefield preventing ordinary humans come here makes the sun look blue, but still nice. And I flirted with a beautiful London lass earlier while her mother was shopping. Too bad her mother showed up, I might've gotten her father's name to discuss marrying the poor girl.
Ha, ha, ha. I crack myself up sometimes.
The guard isn't too bad to look at either. Being a faerie, she's beautiful, but she's showing an exquisite amount of cleavage and leg, and I mean exquisite. Plus her yellow dress armor was beautifully done with flowing dragons and flowers decorating it. Too bad she's one of those faeries who shave their heads or I'd be flirting with her instead of London lasses.
I turn on Trojans by Atlas Genius and wait.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A half hour later Oliras himself comes out and beckons me inside. I go inside and ignore the various shades of yellow and instead insult the court.
"The Laxidrous faerie court has an awful taste in color. I mean yellow, can't do much yellow. Black would've been better. Could've done the Dracula look in here instead of banana country on acid."
"Jacob, I'll tell you what your job is quickly, no riddles, cause I despise you and your being, but my mother the queen of this court, Tatilias, hail her highness, requested your help with a situation that has been hard to settle. There are some troubling members of the local vampire court which are blocking the queen and her allies at every turn. They must be taken care of."
"I'm not here to kill, what do you want me to do to them?"
"You must convince them that our course of action is the best."
"How so, I'm not exactly silvertongued," I say with a sneer.
"We need you to scare them to the point where they will agree."
"Why not give them a few faerie w****s?"
"This court doesn't take in w****s!" he yells, attracting the attention of the still presiding court.
"Problem, Oliras?" The queen in her hideous yellow dress asks. Lucky she's pretty or I might've decided to insult her fashion sense and her hideous makeup.
"No your highness, not at all." he says stiffly.
"So who are my targets?" I ask with an innocent smile.
He hands me a banana yellow packet and hurries me out of the room into the outside world of wonderful colors that aren't yellow.
"Next time you do that Jacob, I will kill you"
"Go ahead and try, I love a challenge,"
He snorts and walks back inside, and before I could insult his awful banana yellow gentlemen suit, he's slammed the door.
I shake my head and head to the local cafe to get some British tea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tea still tastes awful in Britain. Of course it does.
I have four targets to scare. Sir Leonidas the 4th, Jack the Thirsty, what a ripoff, Claire Tallows, and Paranidas, the Paladin knight.
Today will be interesting. They all have heavy security, all vampires, so my best bet to scare these guys is to destroy their securities and tell them what they have to do to not die. I'll probably have to maim Jack, most definitely the paladin. The other two seem like cowards.
I'll take out the paladin first. It'll make the rest easier.
He lives in a church of all places. These guys must be the breed of vampires that are basically superhumans but must drink blood to have power. Luckily I have some power to be able to content with these guys or I'd be screwed. The only question is whether to use the tank or not use the tank.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided on dropping down from up high and dropping through the roof. I used demon wings to get up about ten stories above it. I flew at high speeds to get the blood pumping and then dived like an eagle after its prey into the church.
It hurt a little bit but I was fine. The real problem was the guy I landed on top of and the hole I made. It was huge. The whole roof was gone with scraps remaining. I basically destroyed the roof. I also broke this guys back and he screamed very loudly. I shot him in the head quickly to end his misery.
I shouldn't have cause at that moment a large steel covered fist hit me in the stomach and threw through the altar.
"How dare you destroy my church Sin Angel!" Paranadas screamed at me in his preacher's cry of authority.
"Shut up prick,"
I dodged his next blow and kicked him in the gut sending him into the benches. I pulled out a pistol and shot him in the stomach.
"Okay a*****e, here's the deal, you're going to start supporting the Laxidrous queen and her allies or I'll destroy your precious church. Do you understand?"
"You wouldn't dare bring his wrath upon you!"
"I would and have, I might have to kill some of his false angels before I go,"
"They are not false!"
"Ifrit,"
I toss a fire ball at the statue of Jesus.
"Do you understand me?"
"You will burn for this!"
"Shiva,"
I spit some ice shards out of my hand and direct them at his stomach. I manipulate the ice to spread to the ground to keep him in place. Then I pull out Katayana and cut off the head of Jesus and put it in front of him.
"I can do so much more, and do you notice the lack of police coming? Let's just say I gave them something to be focused on."
"What did you do?"
"Called a bomb threat on a high school and placed an actual bomb. They just have to clip a wire and it's disabled. Of course, there are so many wires."
"You sick b*****d."
"I know I am. Anyway, do you understand or can I have some fun with Mother Mary?"
"Yes, I understand." he growls.
"Good, Shiva's breath,"
I put out the flames and pat Paranidas on the shoulder.
"I hope you don't hold this against me, but you irrational religious zealots always do for some reason. Weird, but I don't really care for you idiots regardless. You guys are worshiping a lie. He is not your God. His angels are creations based on his imagination. His powers are from a glove which has the power of creation which he put into the glove by sacrificing-"
"Shut up you evil demon before I decide to go see the true lord which is among us."
I sigh and shake my head and teleport back to my hotel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After watching the news and the report on what happened I dialed Jack the Thirsty.
 
Beep. Beep. 
"Hello? Who is this?" a scared high pitched voice answers.
"Yes, this is Jacob Deatrix, I visited your friend Paranidas, the paladin knight of London, in the dimension Fritia, on planet Earth, a common planet in the unimensions, is this Jack the Thirsty?"
Silence, then "Paranidis called me already, we've agreed to see things your way. All of us except Claire Tallows. She thinks her new body guard can take care of you."
"Really, whose her new guard?" I say, extremely curious.
"A vampire about 18 who calls himself Dawn. An irony, as he is no daywalker. He carries large stakes in his sleeves, and that includes his pants. How he uses them as weapons is anyone's guess. The point is that he's proved himself to the point of being able to take you on, and win."
I sit back and think on this. This is proving to be interesting. An opponent I could fight my hardest and possibly lose to. Magic, guns, blades, and fists all in this fight.
"Tell Claire to get Dawn ready to fight at 1 a.m. You got that, 1 a.m. What time?"
"1 a.m. Mr. Deatrix."
"Good."
I hang up and check the time. 8:00 p.m. I have five hours to waste.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After watching all three matrix movies, I began to get ready. I got cleaned up and went over a battle plan. Cut the stake's tips off and fight him hand-to-hand and see how that goes. I walk outside and pull out Soulsalax and turn it into a black chrome finish motorcycle and drive to Claire Tallow's mansion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I arrive at her mansion, I notice one thing. This place reminds me of the White House painted black and splashed with a satanist's sense of architecture. Lots of spooky fences, gargoyles, and devil cats.
Leaning on the wall outside the mansion is a guy my age in a black leather jacket, black leather jeans, black sneakers, metal studded knuckle gloves, and a white shirt. He has a chiseled face and the beginning of a beard. He is smoking a cigar of considerable worth.
"You're Jacob Deatrix?" he asks in a deep masculine voice tinged with youth.
"You're Dawn?" I reply.
"Let's do this punk,"
He runs at me and goes into a superman punch. But instead of his fist comes a 6 inch wide stake. I barely get out of the way and counter with a kick to the gut, followed by a elbow to the jaw. I pull out Katayana and slice at his neck. He blocks it with another stake and tries to stab me with the other stake. I smack it aside with my hand and jump back at the same time pulling out a pistol and firing at him. He dodges the bullets with ease and comes at me again. This time I do a upper diagonal slash and cut him on the left shoulder while dancing on the balls of my feet to avoid another deadly stake. He gets me in the stomach with the other.
"Valefor!"
I send a gust of wind at him knocking him off of his feet to give me time to heal. I barely get that as he flips onto his feet and throws a wooden kunai at me. I catch it and spin around throwing it back at him. In the time I did that he's already in the air about to spear me with a stake coming out of his pant legs. I roll to the side and cut off the tips of those stakes, setting him off balance when he lands.
I can feel the blood pumping as I punch him in the jaw breaking it and sending him through the mansion wall into the lounge where Claire Tallow is relaxing.
I run after him and jump over the rubble to see a small crossbow in Jack's hand and a wicked smile on his lips.
"Quezacotl!"
I shoot him with a bolt of lightning shooting him into the stairwell. I catch his flying crossbow and shoot him in the left shoulder, pinning him to the stairs. He's trying to rip it out when I level a gun at his forehead.
"You got talent I'll give you that. You fight well but you're not a match for me I'm afraid. You're a fighter who likes to be dramatic. You should've shot me the first chance you had when I came running. Instead you gave me enough time to hit you with a thunderbolt. And I know it's really lightning I hit you with but I don't care. I'm gonna let you live because you will one day give me the fight of my life. And if you don't I will kill you. You want to know why? Because you have the potential to be amazing. To beat gods of combat. To beat me. If that's not what I'm seeing I don't know what it is. Claire thought you could be beat me. If someone is gonna put their life in your hands cause they think you can beat Jacob Deatrix, the devil's songstress, the unimension's most wanted criminal, albeit the one who declared me a criminal is a false god, but I digress. You can be the best. Or you can stay here protecting this stupid girl. It's your choice."
I pull out a cigarette and light it.
"Till next time kid."
I'm about to leave when I remember Claire Tallows.
"Miss Tallows, I expect you to remember this."
I go to my hotel. I lay down in the bed. I have the first good sleep I've had in three long years.

© 2013 Mip/John K. Brierley


Author's Note

Mip/John K. Brierley
I'll understand if you take points away for the trigger words, I just liked the idea. I also expect points taken away for the religious stuff, the background information, and the last fight scene. A bit short and letting him live is strange, but it's my stories. Alright, nothing else to be said besides rate away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all, (this goes for both of your stories) stop putting down your own work. It makes the reader form an opinion before they even read it. Besides that, I think it's your wording, not your plot that might seem offensive. Your protagonist seems to be fighting for good, but when you refer to him as a sin angel it makes him un-relatable. Also, the ones that you call false angels fight with innocence. I think it would be better described as something that says false innocence. (hypocrisy comes to mind) You could change these few words without really changing your stories at all.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mip/John K. Brierley

10 Years Ago

I'm sorry about that. I should've posted the origins story on here. I forgot that people can't see w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 27, 2013
Tags: Unimensions, Jacob Deatrix, Magic, Action, Steampunk

Author

Mip/John K. Brierley
Mip/John K. Brierley

Deadville, IL



About
I'm a writer with big ideas and no motivation to put them down. Hopefully you don't mind younger me's writing cause compared to current me's, it's ramen noodles. more..

Writing