Summer Holidays

Summer Holidays

A Story by Mirabella
"

The story of a South African girl's summer holidays.

"
Vega Meyer and her family have spent their December holidays at their beach house in Hermanus for as long as she could remember. It was the year of her twelfth birthday, and she was getting sick of the place. She loved her parents and her 7-year-old twin brothers, but yet she found them boring. She was not looking forward to three weeks of babysitting, swimming with her dad and driving around. She would rather stay at home where she could at least see her friends.
Vega spent the first few days at Hermanus sulking in her room. One afternoon, her parents forced her to go along when they visited her dad’s old school friend who was staying down the road with his family. “They have children,” her dad said hopefully. Although this new information made her curious, Vega kept her poker face. 
When they got to the Olivers’ house, introductions were made.The family had two children, Jenny and Chris. Jenny was Vega’s age and Chris was a year younger than the twins.
After lunch, Jenny excused herself to got meet up with her friends at their house a few blocks away. She invited Vega along as well.
The two girls walked to the house in five short minutes. Vega felt a bit shy to just turn up at a strange house uninvited, but Jenny assured her that there was nothing to worry about. When they got to the house, Jenny walked right in and greeted the two boys sitting in front of the television. “This is Vega,” she said, introducing her new friend. The boys stood up and introduced themselves as Gustav and Jacques. The four of them spent the rest of the afternoon playing cards and playing soccer outside.
The four friends hung out every day of the holidays: Going to the beach, playing ball in the sun, watching movies and just having fun. At the end of the holidays they parted with sorrow, but no regrets. It was the best summer holiday Vega had ever had.

© 2013 Mirabella


Author's Note

Mirabella
Suggestions to improve storyline are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013

Author

Mirabella
Mirabella

Cape Town, South Africa



About
Who am I? I'm a 18-year-old girl. I dance. I write. I draw. I surf. I dream. And most importantly, I LOVE. I believe that it is the purpose of life: To love all people, by making this (empt.. more..

Writing
Nameless? Nameless?

A Story by Mirabella


Not Normal Not Normal

A Screenplay by Mirabella