On a Date

On a Date

A Story by Nina St. Moritz
"

I wrote this for a DeviantArt challenge I'm participating in. We're challenged to write something about our favorite pairing every day. Characters belong to J. K. Rowling & Warner Bros. Entertainment.

"
"I know it's not much of a date-"

"It's perfect."
 
"Are you cold? I could give you my-"

"I'm fine, thank you."

"You sure? The sun's setting-"

"James, I couldn't ask for a better first date. Now shut up and let's enjoy the evening." Lily shot the abashed boy a grin to show her humor, and then returned her gaze to the sun as it began to sink behind the mountains.

It sent its last warm rays across the lake, changing the dark water into the brilliant shades of fire. Lily turned to look as the dying light hit the magnificent castle, gleaming off the turrets and sparkling off the windows. The cool stone was glowing in a bright shade of orange. It was such a beautiful transformation, and one that was completely natural, no magic required.

It was these little things that Lily admired most.

James stood silently beside her, and as the sun sent one last flare into the sky in farewell, he let out an admiring breath. Lily smiled, pleased that he noticed beauty and appreciated it.

Finally, the sun was gone, only its spirit remaining in the still-pale sky.

James shuffled his feet and Lily glanced up at him from beneath her lashes. Her heart was starting to glow, just a little, from being with this boy. He wasn't really as callous as she had thought, but he was by no means perfectly polite. James was only a little rough around the edges, and Lily thought she just might be able to fix that.

Silently, she slid her fingers between James' and leaned into him. He said nothing, just breathed her in.

© 2012 Nina St. Moritz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012
Tags: James, Lily, Potter, Harry Potter, Hogwarts, romance, date, sunset, lake, mountains

Author

Nina St. Moritz
Nina St. Moritz

Near San Bernadino, CA



About
25. Female. California. Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/MissPotionsOwl NaNoWriMo: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/Monstaccato Email: [email protected] more..

Writing