Your Present

Your Present

A Story by MissThomas

You’re so concerned with your positioning in the future, the imaginary, that you forget to acknowledge all that you are in the present, reality.


Planning, sculpting, anticipating. Over-planning, over-sculpting, over-anticipating. You’re blind. You think you can see ahead, you’re so sure of it, but, you’re blind. Your hopes, your dreams, your fears are obstructing your view. So fixated, so obsessed with something that’s not promised, not guaranteed, and much more in your immediate control than you think, more than you could ever imagine.


You’re lost, trapped in time, ahead of yourself.


You don’t even look back at yourself, you don’t even grant yourself the civility of checking in on yourself, making sure you’re okay, back there, in the present. You’ve sped too far ahead, you’re out of control.


See, all that was with you, the realities that reassured you, encased you, embalmed you, in the present, you left behind; Unsatisfied and unwilling to embrace. You should have taken it for what it was, for, after all, the present is what you are.


Enjoy it.

© 2010 MissThomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010

Author

MissThomas
MissThomas

London, United Kingdom



About
I think, I feel, I write - my journal is my life. I read anything and everything, but at the moment, am fixated on both reading and writing romantic fiction; mostly of a very dark nature. I am a f.. more..

Writing
The Streets The Streets

A Story by MissThomas


Flames Flames

A Story by MissThomas