From Another Galaxy

From Another Galaxy

A Story by MissThomas
"

My try at a little bit of metafiction

"

Think of a book as a chapter. It may be comprised of ten chapters, eleven.. maybe even 34, but, ignore all of that, take that all as decoration: it’s just a chapter.


Think of it as a chapter, a tiny snippet, a quick glimpse of a wider world. A snapshot. The world you’ve just submersed yourself in, the glimmer of the rich, expansive world that the author has granted you access to, existed long before the very first page, and will continue to exist, for eternity, long after you have turned the very last.


The beginning is secretly, not at all, the beginning. The characters have just taken time out of their schedules to notice you,the new-comer, and come over to introduce themselves; such as in the end. The end is never the end. The characters have fed you their chapter, their story, and given you a glimpse of what you needed to see. They’re now ready to continue living theur lives, in a world, their world, the world compressed by two, hard covers and tucked neatly into a space on your shelf, among other worlds: a galaxy.

© 2010 MissThomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this was a neat idea but the execution is a little bland. Short and sweet is an excellent angle, but there were only a few parts that I was impressed with. I've often thought that authors created entire worlds whether they knew it or not, so certainly you get props for that.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010

Author

MissThomas
MissThomas

London, United Kingdom



About
I think, I feel, I write - my journal is my life. I read anything and everything, but at the moment, am fixated on both reading and writing romantic fiction; mostly of a very dark nature. I am a f.. more..

Writing
The Streets The Streets

A Story by MissThomas


Flames Flames

A Story by MissThomas