Chapter 1 to A heartless soul can't love...: I looked up and saw the most beautiful people...

Chapter 1 to A heartless soul can't love...: I looked up and saw the most beautiful people...

A Chapter by Miss_Stery

I sat on my couch next to my best friend Emily, smiling at the happy ending of Beauty and the Beast. It was movie night at my house, and luckily my night to choose what movie. Beauty and the Beast was my favorite Disney movie ever. I know it may sound weird considering I was a 17 year old girl, who quite frankly didn’t believe in love after being heart broken by guys who just wanted to ‘get some’. Love is a four letter word for so many things. For example love is a four letter word for: confusing, frustrating, and just plain old overrated. Trust me I wanted to believe in love, but I just don’t see it happening anytime soon.

 I heard the sound of high heels hitting our driveway and instantly knew it was my mom. My mom walked in, and smiled her heartwarming smile. My mom was beautiful, and lucky for me I had inherited her looks. Both my mom and I had long elegant legs, curvaceous body, and a beautiful face to top it off (well at least my mom did, I certainly thought I didn’t even compare).

“Hello girls, I’m sorry to interrupt but Emily could you give me and my daughter sometime alone?”

“Yeah, of course Mrs. Johnson. I have to get going anyways.” I waved good bye to my best friend as she walked out the door.

“What do ya wanna talk about, mommy?” I loved my mom and everything about her. She was well loved by everyone and was happy all the time. But for some reason she seemed nervous right now, which was unlike her because she was always so confident. She can attract everyone’s attention by simply walking in a room, I was glad I was like her in that way… It really comes in handy sometimes. ;)

“Darling, I don’t know how to begin, except with that a while back your father and I promised our firstborn to marry another very powerful man’s firstborn.” I looked at her confused. I, Middnight Valentine, was their firstborn.

“W-what?” I was so confused.

“Me and your father promised you to marry an f-friend’s son.” She stuttered on the word friend.

“Whhhyyy?” I carried out the word, curious as to why they would do this to me. Of course they didn’t mean to do it to me, but actually their first child, which just so happened to be me… If any of that made sense?

“It’s a long story, luv. You're gonna meet your husband to be in two hours. So go get dressed, I laid a dress on your bed.” I was too shocked to say anything so I did as I was told.

 I walked up stairs and saw an absolutely beautiful dress on my bed. It was dark blue and ivory. The top part of it cut off below my bust, and was made out of dark blue ribbon. It was strapless and had a bow where the ribbon turned into silk. The bottom part was just above mid thigh and would accent my creamy light colored skin. There was a layer above the silk bottom that would barely be recognizable. It had blue felt forget me not flowers flowing down from where the dark bow ended. There were columns of flowers every couple of inches.

I slipped the dress on and was glad to see that it fit perfectly. I slipped it back off and decided to take a shower. I was in and out in 20 minutes. I blow dried my black hair and curled it so that it was in perfect ringlets shaping my face. I moved on to make up and was done after 15 minutes. I looked at the clock and had about 20 minutes left. I slipped on dark blue heels that had ribbon on it the exact same color as my dress.

 I looked at myself over in the mirror. I was right the dress showed off my long legs and the heels only made them look better. The dark blue made my eyes pop. I was proud of my eyes. They were dark blue with extremely light tints in them, and if you looked close enough, some gold tints, too.

My dad walked into the room and looked at me, surprise written on his face.

“Mom already told you, I see.” He mumbled, I just nodded my head and walked down the stairs with him trailing behind. My mom as always was wearing a stunning, soft colored dress. It fell just above her ankles and had a slit on the left side that ran up her leg and stopped mid thigh. My mom told me to sit down in the dinning room and I immediately obeyed. There were three sharp raps on the door, signaling that my fiancé was here. I heard the door open and then voices and light melodic laughter.

“I am proud to present our daughter Middnight Valentine Johnson.” And there's my cue, I walked out of the room with my eyes slightly down making sure my long eyelashes touched my high cheekbones. I heard a murmur, and a silent ‘She's beautiful.’ I smiled my sweetest smile and looked up. There before me were the most beautiful people I have ever seen.

  



© 2010 Miss_Stery


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hm, it seems intresting, but it kinda starts all of a sudden, i would have liked to know the main character some more, like wats her personality like, but i guess you'll get around to that in the next chapter or so...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What do you think? Leave comments? Criticism? Why the hell not?!?! Suggestions? Please, and thank you!!! Hate comments? I can't promise i'll be nice back... ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010


Author

Miss_Stery
Miss_Stery

Where the wind takes me...



About
Hello, my name is Emily Rose Carter. But if you were one of those paranoid people and looked me up, you will find that I do not exist. Just like Lemony Snicket, Emily Rose Carter is a pseudonym. I lov.. more..

Writing