Chapter 2: I relaxed into my seat, and prepared for the long ride home.

Chapter 2: I relaxed into my seat, and prepared for the long ride home.

A Chapter by Miss_Stery

Chapter 2:

Lord Austin James Cerilio

*Pronounced SIR-RIL-LEE-OH (pic of him <)

I looked up from my shoes to see a breathtaking girl. She was absolutely stunning. She had high cheekbones, full soft-looking red lips, black hair that flowed around her heart shaped face. I looked her over head to toe. She was 5’6 about 4 inches shorter than me. She looked fragile and soft, breakable. She had on a dress that hugged her body so tight it was like second skin. She had long legs, and milky white skin. She was perfect, gorgeous, and most importantly mine.

When I was told I was to be married to some stranger, I yelled, screamed even. I didn’t want to marry someone who was a complete stranger. With my parents stick-up-the-a*s attitude I expected my fiancé to be the same. But when I saw a smile tugging at the corners of her lips, I knew she was nothing like them.

“She's beautiful.” I heard my younger sister murmur and that's when she looked up. I stifled a gasp, her eyes were amazing. They were blue, but with different colors mixed in like dark green, and grey, and even a bit of gold. Our eyes locked, and I smiled reassuringly at her. I frowned once I realized I had smiled, it was a rare occasion that I smile. She looked confused and a frown pulled at the corners of her mouth.

“Middnight this is Lord Cerilio and his wife Lady Anabelle, their daughter lady Julia, and their son Lord Austin James.” She smiled sweetly at everyone, making sure to look everyone in the eye.

“Hello Middnight, you’re absolutely beautiful, and you must tell me how you got your name.” Middnight blushed and responded.

“Thank you very much, Lady Julia” I was surprised at how well she spoke. She spoke with confidence and with a light airy tone. “You’re quite beautiful yourself.” Her dad stepped in and suggested that we ‘kids’ go into the entertainment room to get to know each other. We gracefully accepted and Middnight led the way.

We climbed our way up some stairs and through never ending hallway. We reached a room with a large TV and couch opposite of each other. They were pushed up against some walls. On another wall there was a stereo system and a mirror wall with a rail against it. I recognized it from a ballet studio.

“You like to dance?” I asked Middnight.

“Very much so.” She said enthusiastically.

“What kind?” Julia chirped.

“Almost everything…” She responded.

“Almost???” I asked curious as to what her answer would be.

“I don’t like contemporary.” She stated in a matter of fact tone, while she gestured for us to take a seat on the couch next to her.

“So Middnight… How did you get your name?” Julia questioned.

“I was born exactly on February the 14, 1993.”

“As in midnight?”

“Yes, hence Middnight Valentine.” I listened to them while watching Middnight.

“How old are you?” I asked, she couldn’t be any older than me.

“17 and you, Lord Austin?” She never seemed to forget titles, and I was impressed.

“My birthday is January 22, 1992.”

“Isn't that today?” I nodded my head. “Well then, Happy Birthday!” She smiled sweetly at me.

“Can we see you dance, Middnight?!?” Julia asked breaking in.

“Um… What kind?”

“Ballroom.” I jumped in.

“But then I would need a partner.” I stood up and extended my hand to her. She took my hand, and it felt like there was an electric current running between us. Separating us. I walked us over to the stereo and she put on a song that was based on a piano and had a bit of violin in it. I had never heard it before which was strange cause I knew every song played on piano.

“What artist is this?” I asked Middnight sweeping her into my arms, wrapping my arm firmly around her waist and taking her hand. We started to dance; she let me lead her across the room and back.

“Me, I uh have trouble sleeping without music. One night I dreamt up this song, while listening to Sergei Rachmaninoff. I had it stuck in my head for a week before I decided to play it. Then I had it recorded and put on a CD with other songs I wrote.” She spoke quickly as I whisked her across the room in my arms.

“It’s beautiful, I love the melody.” I whispered in her ear making her body shudder against mine.

We danced until it was time for her to come home with us. She was truly an amazing dancer. Julia had watched us and Middnight even showed her a few moves that were extremely complicated. She was a good teacher and kept her cool even though I could tell she was a very impatient person.

She was surprised when I told her she had to come with us.

“What about all my stuff?” She asked hiding her shock well.

“We have everything set up at my home for you, a new wardrobe, new phone, new accessories, and so on.”

 She just nodded her head and bid good bye to her parents. I could tell she loved them very much. I am going to have to make sure that they're at the wedding, cause after that she won’t see them again. The ride to the airport was a short, silent ride. We took our private jet, and Middnight fell asleep with her head against my shoulder. I relaxed into my seat and prepared for the long ride home.

 



© 2010 Miss_Stery


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I really like this. It's gothic, yet romantic. No vamps tho, which is what i expected. The detail is greatly done.
Keep up the good work now :]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 26, 2010


Author

Miss_Stery
Miss_Stery

Where the wind takes me...



About
Hello, my name is Emily Rose Carter. But if you were one of those paranoid people and looked me up, you will find that I do not exist. Just like Lemony Snicket, Emily Rose Carter is a pseudonym. I lov.. more..

Writing